PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set and got action

C-Dog
08-08-2005, 08:25 PM
How is the play here? My river plan was to bet and then call a raise.

UTG seems likea LAG on a rush, and the sb is an 80/15/1.l5

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

Catt
08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't like the pre-flop cap at all. Good flop. I'd lead the turn instead of going for theC/R -- if this gets checked through (unlikely, I know) I'd cry very hard, and, though I don't know for certain what the heck SB is holding, he'd still be getting almost 10:1 to call two cold if UTG raises your turn bet. If the pot were smaller, I'd be more willing to C/R to trap SB for one more at least. The way you played it, I'd cap the turn. You're behind 66 and QQ, and while not out of the realm of possibility, I think a LAGtastic LRR hand range is wide enough to go nuts with your small set.

nervous
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't like the flop cap.

I don't like the turn checkraise, but it's not horrible.

I hate not capping the turn, and even worse to lead the river after you only called turn.

TheMetetron
08-08-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop cap.

I don't like the turn checkraise, but it's not horrible.

I hate not capping the turn, and even worse to lead the river after you only called turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

joop
08-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Capping this preflop is crazy, I would be pissed UTG 3bet, what are you hoping for a miracle 3 or the non-nut straight?

The flop bet isn't good either, you've successfully knocked out MP and CO. With UTG having 3bet preflop, he's more than likely to bet this flop, you are in perfect relative position to him to CR the whole table.

Given that UTG capped the flop, I like the turn CR, you trapped the SB /images/graemlins/smile.gif

River is fine.

Edit: Didn't see UTG's turn 3bet, I would cap after this.

Catt
08-08-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet isn't good either, you've successfully knocked out MP and CO. With UTG having 3bet preflop, he's more than likely to bet this flop, you are in perfect relative position to him to CR the whole table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the flop bet. The pot is so big that anyone who would call one is very likely to call two. I'd rather bet so I can 3-bet UTG's almost certain raise than risk having this flop only go two bets because UTG just calls a C/R.

bank
08-08-2005, 11:31 PM
This is pretty horrendous. Most of your errors have been pointed out but the biggest two were capping preflop and not capping turn for value.

C-Dog
08-08-2005, 11:43 PM
The preflop cap was a bit frisky, but I figured might as well try to get a huge pot if I get lucky. So then the best line is probably to cr the flop, and then lead the turn, and lead the river?

4th set is good enough to cap the turn I think, and I dont know why I didn't cap it.

I really f'd up this hand didnt I?