PDA

View Full Version : BuddyCopy - extract buddies from one party skin and insert in another

gasoltub
08-08-2005, 08:17 PM
My first poker utility is finally ready /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Meet BuddyCopy (http://www.texasholdemteacher.com), a small app that will let you extract all your buddies from one PartyPoker skin and with minimal work insert them in another skin.

Please report any bugs or suggestions to me.

If there is enough interest I might make it capable of totally automatic synchronization of all party skins installed. Currently you need to press Extract and Insert separately for each skin.

Enjoy!

Lost Wages
08-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Works like a champ man, great job /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

The only problem I had was that I opened another window that covered the buddy list while your program and it didn't like that. I just closed the window and reinserted and it ran trrough all the buddies again, inserting those that it hadn't before. I would reccomend to anyone using the program to just let it run before doing anything else.

I keep my master buddy list on Excel. It would be nice if I could extract from there as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Again, nice job.

Lost Wages

gasoltub
08-09-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I had was that I opened another window that covered the buddy list while your program and it didn't like that. I just closed the window and reinserted and it ran trrough all the buddies again, inserting those that it hadn't before. I would reccomend to anyone using the program to just let it run before doing anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yeah, that would have been good to mention /images/graemlins/smile.gif
And I'm pretty sure you would have liked an abort button when that happened.
I'll likely put that in the next version.

[ QUOTE ]

I keep my master buddy list on Excel. It would be nice if I could extract from there as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will likely be a text file import/export option in the next version. I don't think I can do Excel.

Lost Wages
08-09-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There will likely be a text file import/export option in the next version.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be simple enough to import/export text to/from Excel so that would work fine for me.

Lost Wages

HoldEmKillah
08-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Export to text would be great since I have 2 PC's at 2 different locations. That way I can just save the txt to disc and import on my 2nd PC.

Great work, btw!

gasoltub
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Export to text would be great since I have 2 PC's at 2 different locations. That way I can just save the txt to disc and import on my 2nd PC.

Great work, btw!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clipboard import/export and file import/export is coming in v1.0. Probably this weekend.
The clipboard option takes care of the excel users since you can copy a whole excel column and import into BuddyCopy. And pasting to excel will also work.