PDA

View Full Version : KK - The board is getting uglier and uglier

JTG51
03-19-2003, 04:09 PM
The game was really good. It hasn't been good to me, but it's good.

I raise UTG with K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif . A very loose, very passive player calls from MP. I'm 100% sure that he has two cards. A reasonable player in LP calls and everyone else folds.

Flop: J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

So far so good. I bet, MP scratches his head, thinks, and calls. LP thinks and calls.

Turn: [J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] J /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet, MP scratches his head, thinks, and calls. LP folds.

River: [ J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif ] A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet.

Thoughts on my post flop play?

Allan
03-19-2003, 04:15 PM
What else are you supposed to do? You played it fine....

Allan

davidross
03-19-2003, 04:18 PM
That’s how I would have played it. Hopefully he’s got a medium pair.

Homer
03-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Depending on how passive your opponent is, checking the river could be preferable to betting. You almost certainly have him beat, but a bet might cause him to fold a pair of 2's or 3's, a middle pocket pair, or a busted straight/flush draw, especially since the river card was an Ace. By checking you might lure him into betting, trying to represent a Jack or Ace. If he is really loose though, and will call with 2's or 3's, then by all means fire away.

Other than the river, the rest of the hand seems routine.

-- Homer

p.s. - I'm meeting a friend in NYC Friday night and we might go to Foxwoods on Saturday. You going to be there?

Tyler Durden
03-19-2003, 04:59 PM
On the river, did MP scratch his head, think and call and then show you KJo after you showed the cowboys?

JTG51
03-19-2003, 05:05 PM
I may or may not be there. If you are going to be, I'll make a point of going. Will you know if you are going for sure before Saturday or is it going to be a game time decision?

Homer
03-19-2003, 05:06 PM
No, actually he folded his KJ to the river bet, grumbling something about being outkicked.

-- Homer

Homer
03-19-2003, 05:11 PM
We are almost definitely going (I'd say 90%). We're probably going to watch the NCAA tourney during the day and head to Foxwoods in the evening, getting there around 6 or 7. I'll most likely play in the 5/10 game (have you played in the 5/10, or just the 10/20), and maybe play some Stud/8 as well.

I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow (hopefully) with more precise details.

-- Homer

JTG51
03-19-2003, 05:20 PM
I've played a lot in the 5/10 game (it's played with a full kill by the way). The game is usually either great or terrible, depending on the lineup. It's almost always very good on weekends. I've been doing ridiculously well in that game lately so I'd be more than happy to play with you.

Your only choices for Stud/8 will be 2-10 with no ante and a half kill, or 1 zillion/2 zillion. You might get lucky and be able to get into a 2 zillion/4 zillion O.E game.

Hopefully we'll both make it and get together.

Homer
03-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Full kill, ehh? Oh well, screw it...I've built a bankroll playing poker, and I guess I'll lose it playing poker. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Out of curiousity, what sets off the kill? Pot size, winning consecutive pots, etc?

I wonder how much action there is in a 2-10 game with no ante. I wouldn't think there would be much.

-- Homer

JTG51
03-19-2003, 05:37 PM
A $100 pot makes the next hand a kill. As you might guess, when you play a hand at 10-20, it's not very hard to make another kill. There are nights when every hand is a kill, and there are nights when you don't see a kill for hours.

I think you could probably beat a typical weekend 5/10 game with your eyes closed. Especially if I'm in the game. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The low limit split games are usually filled with 987 year old super duper rocks. The 5-10 Omaha 8 game always is, and I think the 2-10 Stud 8 game usually is also. With no ante, I think they all just wait for A23s before they play.

Barry
03-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Well if you feel that way about it you can also play the 4-8 game with yellow ($2) chips. Last weekend, the bigger games were full and a few of the local "pro's" were playing in the 4-8.

JTG51
03-19-2003, 10:37 PM
LOL, no. I'm not going to post the results quite yet but he didn't have KJo. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

JTG51
03-20-2003, 12:53 PM
My opponent called my river bet and showed A3o to win the pot.

Thanks for the responses.