PDA

View Full Version : Stealing against a semi-maniac

kapw7
08-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is 65/23/3.4 (110hands). He is not 100% maniac in the sense that he is capable to sense fear and sometimes fold.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

That limp means he has nothing so I want to put some pressure although I have nothing as well.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

I see this as a probe bet (he would probably slowplay a pair of aces but he can always have a pair of nines) so I need to reply and represent an ace. After reviewing this hand I can see that I risk too much to win a small pot although 5:2 odds is not too bad considering I'm probably ahead of a random hand. However I didn't want to back down this time. I also showed my hand and I definitely got a lot more action from the whole table. And this time my AK hit the board /images/graemlins/smile.gif The guy went completely nuts and lost more than $150-200 in less than 20 minutes.

So all these sound nice and sweet. But was it a good attempt? Or should I not try it ever again?

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

kapw7
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Bump b/c I'm going on holiday tomorrow! Yeah baby!
3 weeks. No more poker crap. Sun - sea - ice cold beer and lots of - you know...
This is better than any 1000BB upswing. And it's not even close /images/graemlins/wink.gif

See ya.

wackjob
08-08-2005, 11:23 PM
If a pay is winning you money, how can it be bad -- J/K. Of course this is a good play. You are playing against a maniac, or near maniac. When he caps preflop you fold. Plus you can never undervalue your table image, especially if you are a TAG &amp; have a table thinking you are a LAG.

kapw7
08-09-2005, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If a pay is winning you money, how can it be bad -- J/K. Of course this is a good play. You are playing against a maniac, or near maniac. When he caps preflop you fold. Plus you can never undervalue your table image, especially if you are a TAG &amp; have a table thinking you are a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are serious /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Anyway, I have a plane to catch.
See you in 3 weeks!

Escape
08-09-2005, 08:33 AM
I don't like it. I'd rather check and see if I catch a piece of the flop before going berserk with Q6 vs a semi maniac.