PDA

View Full Version : N0000BIE Questions....

FiReSiStAnT
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
There are alot of abbrevations on this forum that I have trouble understanding. If anyone of you could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it very much as it would make more of these posts understandable to me...

Okay, I have a slight idea what EV+ and EV- mean by using context clues but still am not sure what it stands for...

What does GT mean....
when someone uses numbers in the forum of x/y/z what do these numerals represent?

Ill probably post some more here when they come to mind...

PS

Dont link the 2+2 abbrevation chart as it has only the simplest abbrevations and most usless abbrevations explained....

Thanks guys... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mmmmmbrother
08-08-2005, 07:59 PM
GT is gametime, or GT+, which overlays the stats of players from PT onto yout tables.
x/y/z is usually vpip/pfr/pfa.

i answered you abbr. question with abbr.s

Cosimo
08-08-2005, 08:01 PM
n00bs are n00bs because they don't DAFS.

There's an abbreviations page over on the left. Also try the FAQs posted in the various forums; I'd suggest Micro, BEginners, and Internet.

FiReSiStAnT
08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I dont understand why you can't just answer my abbrevations here. Trust me, I've looked at the abbrevations page and several other places on the site and can still not find definitions of most of the abbrevations I find all over this site. I understand the abbrevations for players positions but like I said, some of the other more complicated abbrevations are confusing to me....

I NEED HELP!!!!

XXXNoahXXX
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Why not list the ones you don't get instead of making us guess them? Or better yet click here... Mirco FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1659321&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

If only someone had directed you to the Micro FAQ earlier...oh wait they did. I know its convenient to have all your answers served to you on a platter, but sometimes you might have to do some hardcore investigations (like two mouse clicks and scroll down).

crownjules
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
EV = Expected Value. When you make a bet that is +EV, that means you're making a bet that you expect to make money on. The opposite is true of -EV. You want to make +EV bets and not -EV bets.

GT = GameTime, an addon program for PokerTracker that overlays various statistics for players on the table. You can set it to what you like, but as you see it's generally VPIP/PFA/AF

VPIP = Voluntarily Put $ In Pot, how many hands they play
PFA = Preflop Aggression, how many hands they raise before the flop
AF = Aggression Factor, their aggression on the flop/turn/river.

FiReSiStAnT
08-10-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not list the ones you don't get instead of making us guess them? Or better yet click here... Mirco FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1659321&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

If only someone had directed you to the Micro FAQ earlier...oh wait they did. I know its convenient to have all your answers served to you on a platter, but sometimes you might have to do some hardcore investigations (like two mouse clicks and scroll down).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read above, I did list some of the ones I didnt understand and said I would follow up with others that I was confused with....and yes I do think its easier to have someone answer a direct question rather then read an entire FAQ, especially if that person doesnt mind....if you didnt wanna answer, you didnt have too....