PDA

View Full Version : I hate this hand

beachbum
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Villain is ~35/13/5 with hardly any hands on him. I haven't seen him do anything really laggy in 30 or so hands without showing the goods down.

MP is pretty loose and will cold-call AK and AQ as well as much worse.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG raises, MP cold-calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB folds

Without the cold-caller, I 3-bet here automatically. Should I still reraise? I seem to find myself in this exact situation a lot with 55-99.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> (7 SB)
Hero bets, UTG raises, MP folds, Hero calls

Turn: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> (11 SB)
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero folds.

I was planning to check-call down, but the Ace changed my mind. Anyone got a better line here?

Stoli7
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without the cold-caller, I 3-bet here automatically. Should I still reraise? I seem to find myself in this exact situation a lot with 55-99.

[/ QUOTE ]

88+ I often raise here even with the CC if he's reasonable loose, but villians 10% PFR will often make me call this.

I 3-bet the flop if he raises me on turn I will probably fold. Sometimes I call down to get a better read.

JrJordan
08-08-2005, 08:01 PM
I'd probably play it the same way. There's a few KQ/KJ type hands you're still ahead of, but I don't think you're ahead often enough, or getting him to fold a better hand enough, to make a stab at this. I'd play it all the same.