PDA

View Full Version : Two 20/40 hands...

ggbman
08-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I just opened 2 tables, this was my first hand at each table.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

So, what do we think? I think there are debatable streets in both hands, but i'll hold off until i here some comments.

wheelz
08-08-2005, 07:28 PM
I'd bet the river in hand 1, you're calling a bet anyways, let him call with a worse hand. I don't feel right about capping preflop but I don't feel right about folding either.

Hand 2... if you bet the river because you think your hand is good, why not 3-bet the turn when you also have the nut flush draw? I'd check-call the river.

aK13
08-08-2005, 07:32 PM
I would bet the river in Hand 1. I think you'll get paid off by worse hands frequently -- AK/AJ, mid/low pocketpair, KT/JT/T9/T8 -- many of these might check behind.

Hand 2: The LAG in me wants to 3bet the turn, but I'd be very unhappy if I got capped and went UI on the river. I assume you thought 3-4 BBs on the big streets was optimal?

___1___
08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Hand 1)
Preflop: I'm indifferent between a cap and a call. I think with a call you'll tend to have a better idea of where you are after the flop, but like I said indifferent.

Flop, Turn: Yeah.

River: If really hate calling a raise I like check. If I just dislike calling a raise I bet.

Hand 2)

Preflop and Flop: Yup.

Turn/River: Yup. Lose less when behind, don't fold him when he's behind, and see a showdown. Perfect.

Edit: Didn't see the second was 3handed. I like turn 3-bet b/c raiser is not folding near as often.

Nice hands...

___1___

Jeff W
08-08-2005, 07:38 PM
1: I'd fold pre-flop. I definitely bet the river.

2: This looks like a routine turn 3-bet to me.

ggbman
08-08-2005, 07:55 PM
I think the worst error in these hands was not 3 betting the turn in the AsQs hand. I felt that i was still good, and as wheelz mentioned, if i was going to bet the river i might as well 3 bet the turn while i still have the but flush draw. Also, Jeff, you really fold A-T off in that spot? WHat do you think the SB'd range of isolating hands is against the button?

Jeff W
08-08-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Jeff, you really fold A-T off in that spot? WHat do you think the SB'd range of isolating hands is against the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plugged it into stove and got 33% equity so I guess capping is best.

ggbman
08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Jeff, you really fold A-T off in that spot? WHat do you think the SB'd range of isolating hands is against the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plugged it into stove and got 33% equity so I guess capping is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, just double check. Thanks.

Gabe