PDA

View Full Version : I'm done.

suited_ace
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I just went broke for the second time since I started playing poker in April. The first time was caused mainly by bad play, there were a lot of things that I couldn't understand, and I was OK with that. I told myself that I was paying to learn to play, I went in treating those $330 as dead money.

This one was different. It was pure bad luck. Nothing more, nothing less. Almost every single push was correct, almost every call was good.

I'm just very, very sad right now. At the moment I can't rebuy myself back in (mainly because of a client that owes me almost 3 grand). Until I get $77 from rakeback on Sep 15th poker is over for me.

It's so frustrating to finally get it and then get a cooler as a reward.

RIP, Poker. I know you'll be back some day.

psyduck
08-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't get it. Why didn't you move down as your bankroll shrunk accordingly? I mean, it's just stupid to play $55s with a $250 bankroll (or whatever your situation was).

suited_ace
08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
You're absolutely right, but it's too late now...

As soon as I'm able, I'm rebuying myself in for the $11s, but for now I can't.

08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one was different. It was poor bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

change this mindset, learn from your mistakes, and get back into the ring when you can. or don't.

MegaBet
08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
This is one of my biggest fears. People losing interest or getting tired of losing money and quitting poker. We'll end up with just a lot of very good players in really tough games.

Bill Poker
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
is today the 1st day of April?

<font color="white"> sorry to hear that, dude </font>

tigerite
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I've not had the best of times tonight. I'd love to know which idiotic 2+2er decided to push from the button with Q8o when he had 10bb into my sb, when I had AKs, because it was the worst move I've ever seen and utterly pathetic.

flyingmoose
08-08-2005, 07:53 PM
That's the worst move you've seen? Do you play on Partypoker?

Newt_Buggs
08-08-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, I second that

stillbr
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're absolutely right, but it's too late now...

As soon as I'm able, I'm rebuying myself in for the $11s, but for now I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

With $77 you should start back at the 5+1's. While you may be a good winning player, it sounds to me like you play over your roll. It should take you no time to get to the 11's, then no time to get to the 22's and so on if you are a good player. However, it would be very easy to bust out again with your rakeback $ if you run bad at the 11's.

tigerite
08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ok, maybe I should have said "from a 2+2'er", which I am pretty sure he was, had played very sensibly up til that point. Then decided he would push with Q8o from the button at 25/50 level. Utterly donkish play.

Myst
08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ok, maybe I should have said "from a 2+2'er", which I am pretty sure he was, had played very sensibly up til that point. Then decided he would push with Q8o from the button at 25/50 level. Utterly donkish play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing you lost that one :P

tigerite
08-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Yep. Lol, he hit a full house. Still a stupid play though.

TheNoodleMan
08-08-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With $77 you should start back at the 5+1's.

[/ QUOTE ]
great advice, I'm sure that doubling the vig is going to be a great way for him to get his bankroll back. Are you trying to break him again?

Nottom
08-08-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep. Lol, he hit a full house. Still a stupid play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, this would hardly even register as a bad play to me. So he was gettign short and pulled the trigger with at least one tightass 2+2er in the blinds. I wouldn't be remotely suprised if pushing with Q8 was correct here.

the_joker
08-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Maybe try a different site that has 5+.5 or even lower limits.

stupidsucker
08-08-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've not had the best of times tonight. I'd love to know which idiotic 2+2er decided to push from the button with Q8o when he had 10bb into my sb, when I had AKs, because it was the worst move I've ever seen and utterly pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on stack sizes/BB the push could have been more correct then your call.

just my opinion, but I am a loser as of late so my opinion matters less.

stupidsucker
08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
and...

I may be right behind you out the door if things do not turn around for me.... playing with 1k at the 22s now. If I lose that I lose at life.

djj6835
08-08-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
great advice, I'm sure that doubling the vig is going to be a great way for him to get his bankroll back. Are you trying to break him again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never understood this sentiment. If he wants to play SNGs at party and he only has $77, he should play the $5+1s, not the $10+1s. I don't care what the vig is.

stillbr
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never understood this sentiment. If he wants to play SNGs at party and he only has $77, he should play the $5+1s, not the $10+1s. I don't care what the vig is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exacly. Would it have made you happy if I had told him to cash out and go to stars to play the 5+.50's? Playing with 7 buyins is not smart.

djj6835
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exacly. Would it have made you happy if I had told him to cash out and go to stars to play the 5+.50's? Playing with 7 buyins is not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the best advice assuming the op doesn't mind not playing at party or a party skin.

viennagreen
08-08-2005, 10:13 PM
is this a joke, or do you really not understand?

gildwulf
08-08-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just went broke for the second time since I started playing poker in April. The first time was caused mainly by bad play, there were a lot of things that I couldn't understand, and I was OK with that. I told myself that I was paying to learn to play, I went in treating those $330 as dead money.

This one was different. It was pure bad luck. Nothing more, nothing less. Almost every single push was correct, almost every call was good.

I'm just very, very sad right now. At the moment I can't rebuy myself back in (mainly because of a client that owes me almost 3 grand). Until I get $77 from rakeback on Sep 15th poker is over for me.

It's so frustrating to finally get it and then get a cooler as a reward.

RIP, Poker. I know you'll be back some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about the downswing...my advice would be to take a month off, then deposit 200 bucks and build your roll back bonus whoring or at the 5+.50s.

TheNoodleMan
08-08-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that is much better advice. The vig matters. If he had trouble keeping his head above water at 10%, then 20% is going be even worse. The vig is real money that adds up. When you are talking about a struggling player, every little bit helps.

raptor517
08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
i have some advice.. play within yer roll. impossible to go broke that way.. if you are always sufficiently funded. discipline is 70% of being a long term winning player. bankroll management is 40% of discipline. holla

stupidsucker
08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
dinasaur jr speaks the truth.

TheNoodleMan
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have some advice.. play within yer roll. impossible to go broke that way.. if you are always sufficiently funded. discipline is 70% of being a long term winning player. bankroll management is 40% of discipline. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
and math is 20% of being confused.