PDA

View Full Version : ***SMALL STAKES CALCUTTA UP AND RUNNING!!!1!***

GrekeHaus
08-08-2005, 07:02 PM
So I finally got my act together and got the small stakes calcutta up and running. The prize pool for this one will be split 70/30 between the winner and the runner-up. I made initial bids of $10 on all the entrants (except for Yugo, I only bid $1 on him /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

A Few Ground Rules

1. The site is set to automatically shut off the bidding on August 22 at midnight (two weeks from midnight tonight). So if you want to put in a bid but you get there too late, there's no arguing. The unix system's clock's decision is final.

2. People who win bids are required to make payments to Greke via a Party, Empire, Eurobet, or Poker Stars by Friday August 26th at midnight. PM me for details if you win. If you do not pay by this time, your bid will be cancelled and awarded to the second highest bidder.

3. I reserve the right to cancel the calcutta at any time prior to the start of the tournament. So if nobody bids or nobody pays up, I'll just cancel it. So don't be a bitch and make bids you're not intending to keep. Once all the payments are recieved, I'll post a notification here saying that the calcutta is finalized.

4. I considered taking a vig for my efforts, but decided against it. Of course, winner's are encouraged to tip me for my services. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. The site can be found here (http://nonninja.net/~bstanton/calcutta/). If you already have a username/password for the high stakes calcutta, it will work for this one as well. If you need one, PM me.

--GH

citanul
08-09-2005, 03:57 PM
bump.

let the trash talking begin.

EnderFFX
08-09-2005, 03:59 PM
what is this? i want in /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Apathy
08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I have bid $100 bucks on myself, I will be getting it back with interest! ship it.

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Yugo is bidding his fool head off

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is this? i want in

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me a grand; I'll let u know how you did /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
At the moment I "own" Zen for $20 in a $480 pool...That's 23:1 odds in a 15:1 situation in which his "real odds" are prolly 3:1 or something like that....Heck, for that matter, you could get Yugo @ 48:1 and do GrekeHaus a big favor at the same time

Apathy
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the moment I "own" Zen for $20 in a $480 pool...That's 23:1 odds in a 15:1 situation in which his "real odds" are prolly 3:1 or something like that....Heck, for that matter, you could get Yugo @ 48:1 and do GrekeHaus a big favor at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]

How can his odds be 3:1 when he is going to lose his first match?!?

citanul
08-09-2005, 06:00 PM
WOOO HOOO I MADE BIDS

I HEART THE INTERWEB

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bladz: U better re-visit the Bracket-Board....Zen is a sure lock in Match #1 (100% expectation)..Then, against Beef he's another 100%'er...Now he's got a 50% deal in match #3, but if he wins that he's got another 100%'er against Yugo in the semi's....Now he faces the Dreaded Skip in the Finals and that makes him 3:1 against in the whole magilla /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WOOO HOOO I MADE BIDS

I HEART THE INTERWEB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Looney-Tunes...If you think you're gonna "own" Zen in the "LS-LAC", you got another think coming...YOU PICKED THE WRONG COWBOY /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raptor517
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bladz: U better re-visit the Bracket-Board....Zen is a sure lock in Match #1 (100% expectation)..Then, against Beef he's another 100%'er...Now he's got a 50% deal in match #3, but if he wins that he's got another 100%'er against Yugo in the semi's....Now he faces the Dreaded Skip in the Finals and that makes him 3:1 against in the whole magilla /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i love skipper math.. its so precise and very well thought out. holla

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 06:10 PM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Irie is trying to "buy" Yugo in the "LS-LAC" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i love skipper math.. its so precise and very well thought out. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another example of why a college degree is so important....I feel it's the least I can do to motivate the youngsters to give-up this poker nonsense and strive for something meaningful....Like maybe "advertising" or even "medicine"

mcpherzen
08-09-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have bid $100 bucks on myself, I will be getting it back with interest! ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you even play a $22 SNG with $100 Canadian?

Do they have a $20 bill in Canada? If so, I'll send you $300US. You can go and get like, what, 400 of them and we'll see if the "in-room entertainment" will accept them for lap dances. "Uhhh..huh huh huh...there's a lot more where that came from, baby....uhhhhhh, huh huh huh."

--Z

wuwei
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have a $20 bill in Canada? If so, I'll send you $300US. You can go and get like, what, 400 of them and we'll see if the "in-room entertainment" will accept them for lap dances. "Uhhh..huh huh huh...there's a lot more where that came from, baby....uhhhhhh, huh huh huh."

--Z

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, Zen, these are bad days to make fun of a weak Canadian dollar. Regardless, it still *looks* like fake money. I think their $20s are pink with a picture of some hippie named Trudeau on them.

Apathy
08-09-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--Z

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, Zen, these are bad days to make fun of a weak Canadian dollar. Regardless, it still *looks* like fake money. I think their $20s are pink with a picture of some hippie named Trudeau on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's greeen with the Queen on it but hey, close enough.

And most of my money is American and unfortnatly the dollar is quickly approaching par.

LotsOfOuts69
08-09-2005, 08:31 PM
No really, what is this?

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No really, what is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sixteen 2+2'er's are meeting in Vegas over LaborDay W/E to play in a double-elimination $500 entry Heads-Up tournament.(winner take all)..All the seats are sold-out, so no more participants can play; u can come watch the fun if you want to.

There are three types of "side-action" going on: 1. A low-stakes Calcutta (see OP) 2.) A high-states Calcutta (PM me if you want to know more) 3.) A blind-draw-calcutta in which other participants bought "ownership" of the cardplayers and are now "very happy" or "very sad" depending on what their draw was /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SlackerMcFly
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3.) A blind-draw-calcutta in which other participants bought "ownership" of the cardplayers and are now "very happy" or "very sad" depending on what their draw was

[/ QUOTE ]

SkipperBob is amongst those that are "very sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif" being as I have the winner /images/graemlins/grin.gif and he has the player the winner is playing in the first round....

SlackerMcVeryGlad

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SlackerMcVeryGlad

[/ QUOTE ]

A fool & his Slacker are soon parted /images/graemlins/frown.gif

johnnybeef
08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3.) A blind-draw-calcutta in which other participants bought "ownership" of the cardplayers and are now "very happy" or "very sad" depending on what their draw was

[/ QUOTE ]

SkipperBob is amongst those that are "very sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif" being as I have the winner /images/graemlins/grin.gif and he has the player the winner is playing in the first round....

SlackerMcVeryGlad

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear SlackerYouMakeMeMcSick,

I thought Lacky had me, but now you are telling me that YOU do..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GrekeHaus
08-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I think the most shocking things so far about this calcutta are:

1. This thing's been going for 24 hours and I still "own" two players.

2. Beefcake has yet to make a ridiculous sized bid on himself. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

--GH

skipperbob
08-09-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2. Beefcake has yet to make a ridiculous sized bid on himself. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

--GH

[/ QUOTE ]

#3...Raptor isn't up yet
#4...Daliman can't read
#5...Pure gambles don't appeal to 2+2 donks
#6...Slacker doesn't really know the def of "persiflage"

johnnybeef
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--GH

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon Greke, I can read you like a book. You are clearly baiting me.......discipline beef, discipline.

SlackerMcFly
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Persiflage is when Yugo biatch-slaps Irie with his handbag in the first round during the HUSTTFWTFPWN event. Slavian origin meaning to flog with a purse....

As for you Mr. JohnnyBeef'saCompleteMoeran: I own Mr. Hurst in the Blind Draw (that which SlipperBlob refers to in his post). Mr. Hurst will face one Mosdef (short for Most Definitely Losing This Match).

Lacky is the unfortunate soul who has his dead money on YoAss! He tried to sell you to Sixes for $1.50, but he couldn't afford it.....

SlagerMcPersif

GrekeHaus
08-09-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--GH

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon Greke, I can read you like a book. You are clearly baiting me.......discipline beef, discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Ok, you caught me Beefy. The good news is that my play here--much like pushing ATo from the SB with 5 BB behind--is not exploitable. Even though you know my play here, you're powerless to stop it from working.

citanul
08-09-2005, 11:44 PM
i'm going to pwn this calcutta.

little to anyone's knowledge, i've been watching all of everyone's hu action.

holla.

SlackerMcFly
08-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Citanul:

We may need a moderator/security presence/thug type person at this event. Are you armed? Any problem with persiflage should it be needed?

Are you available that weekend?

PM Irie with your application and qualifications. Would be a welcome addition me thinks.

citanul
08-10-2005, 12:09 AM
sadly i'm moving that weekend. so i can't make it even for the big bootied scrippas.

next time... maybe even next time at my place, though it isn't in lv.

citanul

johnnybeef
08-10-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Citanul:

We may need a moderator/security presence/thug type person at this event. Are you armed? Any problem with persiflage should it be needed?

Are you available that weekend?

PM Irie with your application and qualifications. Would be a welcome addition me thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

howsabout a blacked out johnnybeef? that that would be fun....right?

Lori
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Armed security, Yugo style /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

http://www.allgames.com/mt/archives/images/newlara.jpg

Lori

SlackerMcFly
08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
That's what I'm talkin' bout! Oh Yeah! Rush your app to Irie ASAP. You are leading the pack here Lori.

Just add a Sharpie to your arsenal (to autograph Yugo's chest) and you are the total package.

The Yugoslavian
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Armed security, Yugo style /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

http://www.allgames.com/mt/archives/images/newlara.jpg

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I approve of this post, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Ni Han.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
08-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Also in attendance will be the author of the screenplay for ROUNDERS....one Mr. "Creeper" .....Oh, the horror /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

lacky
08-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I think that news and all its ramification deserves it own thread skip

Steve

durron597
08-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Bump for gigabet

skipperbob
08-11-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. People who win bids are required to make payments to Greke via a Party, Empire, Eurobet, or Poker Stars by Friday August 26th at midnight. PM me for details if you win. If you do not pay by this time, your bid will be cancelled and awarded to the second highest bidder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be interesting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apathy $100 by Apathy on August 9, 1:11am
Daliman $60 by GigaBet on August 11, 8:38pm
Ilya $30 by networkman on August 10, 3:19am
iMsolucky0 $100 by GigaBet on August 11, 8:31pm
Irieguy $100 by GigaBet on August 11, 8:32pm
John Hurst $40 by BDarch on August 10, 4:25am
JohnnyBeef $30 by UMTerp on August 9, 1:28pm
Lacky $40 by acIdREIGN462 on August 10, 7:23pm
McPherzen $40 by SkipperBob on August 9, 6:07pm
Mosdef $20 by bluefeet on August 9, 9:10pm
Raptor $50 by Smockstack on August 10, 2:43pm
Skipper Bob/Gigabet $500 by GigaBet on August 11, 8:39pm
TheUsher $40 by iMsoLucky0 on August 11, 3:53pm
TheYugoslavian $100 by GigaBet on August 11, 8:31pm
Unarmed $40 by BDarch on August 11, 5:19pm
Wuwei $30 by cleinen on August 10, 5:16pm

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that Gig is whacked-out; but $100 on Yugo? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gigabet
08-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I really was hoping that would draw a post from you that would be worth $100. Oh well.

skipperbob
08-11-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really was hoping that would draw a post from you that would be worth $100. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the action; I currently "own" McPherzen (at worst 10:1 against, maybe lower) for $40 in a $1320 pool (32:1 odds)...Hell, Raptor for $50 looks pretty sweet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SlackerMcFly
08-11-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
SlooperBlob is capable of a $100 post, just not near his bed-time of 6:30pm Calif*knfornia time. FWIW, Yugo's recent "soothing" posts probably induced your wager.... Is that a tell?

skipperbob
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Apathy $100 by Apathy
Daliman $60 by GigaBet
Ilya $40 by citanul
iMsolucky0 $100 by Gigabet
Irieguy $100 by GigaBet
John Hurst $60 by BDarch
JohnnyBeef $50 by JohnnyBeef
Lacky $50 by iMsoLucky0
McPherzen $40 by SkipperBob