PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker different database question...

josh3336
08-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey I have been keeping different databases for different size games and I have just moved up to 50NL do you suggest I keep different databases for different stakes also?

SheridanCat
08-08-2005, 07:00 PM
PT has the ability to filter on various items including the game stakes. I don't recall which tab you find this on, but it's there. No need for multiple databases.

Regards,

T

pistol78
08-09-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PT has the ability to filter on various items including the game stakes. I don't recall which tab you find this on, but it's there. No need for multiple databases.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, however you still might want a diff. DB if your computer is old b/c a bigger DB will take longer to load, eat up more resources, etc.

Student
08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
I just signed up for PokerTracker today (paid for registering). How do you take a file of hands I have in my computer, and make it a separate database within PT?

Dave

PS: I know I have format OK in my computer files, but how much latitude do you have in specifying PT filenames, etc?

SheridanCat
08-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Ah, yes, right. You just lose some flexibility to look at yourself or opponents across all games.

Regards,

T

08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just signed up for PokerTracker today (paid for registering). How do you take a file of hands I have in my computer, and make it a separate database within PT?

Dave

PS: I know I have format OK in my computer files, but how much latitude do you have in specifying PT filenames, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to File, then Maintain Database Names. Fool around with that and the Open and Close Database, and you'll figure it out pretty quickly. You can name the DB's whatever you want.