PDA

View Full Version : PLO tourney, should I fold 2nd set?

Ralle
08-08-2005, 06:36 PM
PLO tourney, still far from the money. Average stack around 4500, I have 9000 in early position. Blinds at 100/200. The other two guys in the pot are an early position player (EP) with 5700 chips and big blind (BB) with 2500.

I get AKTT with a suited K. EP makes minimum raise to 400. I call right behind him, and BB also calls.

The flop is KT9 with two diamonds and no card in my suit. I have the lone A of diamonds. EP bets pot (1300). I call with top two pair, 2nd set, and bluff opportunity if a diamond hits. BB folds.

On the turn comes an 8 putting two hearts on the board. EP again bets pot (3900), essentially going all-in. I fold.

I'm grateful for any comments.

TheRempel
08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
You have ten outs at best and are facing a potsize bet for nearly half your chips and no implied odds. If you fold you still have a lot of chips left. There is nothing to do but fold in this spot unless you have reason to believe he's pushing two pair, a flush draw, or a set of nines.

autobet
08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Interesting hand

This is a scary flop, and will not get a weak continuation bet 3 handed nearly as often as K 10 2. Your best case senerios are your opp is making a continuation bet, has 2 pair or a flush draw. The combination of these possibilities, your full house draw plus a backdoor flush draw, and the fact you will still have a playable stack if you lose would tend to make this look like a push on the flop.

On the turn you probably need to call against an aggressive opp who will continue betting with a marginal hand/semi-bluff. Against a conservative opp folding seems reasonable.

TheRempel
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Some people tend to play AAJ or AAQ this way as well. A min-raise on the flop might've gotten you some more information. If he slows down you can gas the turn.