PDA

View Full Version : SemiBluff, All In?

theBruiser500
08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
50/100 shorthnaded, someone opens, halfrek who is playing very LAG calls in SB i call in BB with j9s. 10k stack

flop is 8h 4d 2h, flop is cheked through

turn is 7o

halfrek leads out pot on turn. since he's playing so lag i figure there's a good chane i can win it here with a raise. i made it less than pot size, 2800, should i have just called? raised more? he calls, river is Ao, he checks. okay what now? easy all in? or did i make my semibluff on the turn, he called and i missed my draw, time to give up?

Chris Daddy Cool
08-08-2005, 06:26 PM
i've had mixed success bluffing on ace rivers. a thing to note is that if he doesn't buy your raise and puts you on a semibluff, an ace really is a scary card for him since Axs is such a likely holding for you. of course if he doesn't put you on that type of hand, then the ace doesn't really change anything in his mind and he'll call you down with 98 or whatever.

kagame
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
i dont see why he would put you on the ace

what hands would you bet here is the problem

he assumes you dont have the A high flush draw...

theBruiser500
08-09-2005, 06:19 PM
i dunno about this hand not sure. on river Ao comes, he checksi check, his A5h is good

FourKing Hell
08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't Bruiser gladly check that river if he had a weak ace? A bet here is either what he was representing on the turn, or a bluff.

So it shouldn't make a difference to him, unless he knows that Bruiser knows that he'd still call, and now he thinks Bruiser is trying to value-bet his weak ace.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif