PDA

View Full Version : going broke

Eegs
08-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Have you lost your whole BR at some point or another? What would you do if you did? Stop playing or save up til you can get back in it?

x2ski
08-08-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you lost your whole BR at some point or another? What would you do if you did? Stop playing or save up til you can get back in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM klepton, he'll help you.

(too soon?)

(I feel dirty)

Vroomster
08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I haven't ever lost my entire bankroll. To be honest, I don't think I really ever would because I have set limits at which I would drop down to a limit where I know I am a winning player.

That being said, if I were to somehow lose all my bankroll, then I would quit immmeadiately, because this would mean I can't even beat the lowest limits online and that I have absolutely no knoledge about playing poker.

znup
08-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Steal bikes

08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I think it was Mike Caro that said you should protect a large bankroll more than a small one. A small bankroll can be obtained from other sources, like part time jobs and selling baseball cards. A large bankroll take a lot more time to build.

I have about a $1.5k BR right now, and if I went bust or took a really bad hit, I could always quit poker for a month until my regular job gives me enough of a BR to start playing again.

I agree with Vroomster though, that I would drop limits after going on a bad run.

Vroomster
08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Is klepton the guy who stole bikes?

DesignProdigy
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
lol you guys are messed up... read another post..one guy's story is he stole bikes but is doing well now... klepton is a guy that scammed grannymae and someother ppl here..
but yea...i've been broke before.. it happens..take a break.. then start one over again

jfresh
08-08-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it was Mike Caro that said you should protect a large bankroll more than a small one. A small bankroll can be obtained from other sources, like part time jobs and stealing bikes. A large bankroll take a lot more time to build.

[/ QUOTE ]

my first ever FYP... even though the joke's been made several times in this thread already

balt999
08-08-2005, 09:51 PM
The first time I went broke I analyzed my game, trying to find where my leaks were...eventually when I got enough money I was a little smarter.

Please Read my poker Blog about Poker and Life -- I'll try to entertain and enlighten. (http://www.livejournal.com/users/balt999/)

stillbr
08-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Here is my story about nearly going broke.

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1324937&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1

I've rebounded and come a very long way. Poker is now my only source of income.

SmileyEH
08-08-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you lost your whole BR at some point or another?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I had $19 in my party account about a year ago.

-SmileyEH

djoyce003
08-08-2005, 11:58 PM
the closest i've ever come was when i started. I deposited 100 into party in september, and went down to 20 before I got my $100 bonus. Now i've got 3k and i've cashed out around 15 or 20.

Klepton
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
the ones with painted fenders get you more money

tommo
08-09-2005, 03:17 AM
find some money somewhere and try smaller stakes. Personally I was a loser even at the smallest stakes for about 2 months but I'm pretty sure anybody can be a winning player after some practice atleast at the lowest levels

yvesaint
08-09-2005, 03:24 AM
No, but my initial deposit of $60 did dwindle down to $1.26. Then I took first in a freeroll for $250 and now my bankroll is $2000 /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

MEbenhoe
08-09-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
klepton is a guy that scammed grannymae and someother ppl here..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely false. STFU and stop spreading lies. Please learn to not make posts claiming people have done things that they never did.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-09-2005, 04:20 AM
Yeah like three times. But I hardly consider those first attempts with 50BBs "bankrolls".

Shillx
08-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah quite a few times. The worst loss was 500BB at 5/10. This game and I have never been best of friends.

Brad

Budget Boy
08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I had over 8k at one point last summer, but its more like I spent it than "lost" it. I have a decent full-time job so it wasn't a huge deal. This time I'm rebuilding and trying to maintain an actual bankroll. Last year I got used to the money flowing in and then hit a pretty long break-even streak after I had spent alot of what I had, and it was a bit frustrating. I realize now that when I won a lot of that money I was running really well, and developed unrealistic expectations of how much I was going to win playing poker. I think alot of players go through the same thing.

Lady Dont Tekno
08-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I lost my bankroll about a year and a half ago. I regard it as another lesson in poker. It really taught me to stay disciplined and not play above my bankroll (there are a few exceptions). Now I'm healthier than ever making $50+/hr.

Many great players have gone bust at one point or another.

LDT

cookie
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
No, but 8 months ago I was one blackjack hand away from busting /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SoSo
08-09-2005, 11:41 AM
you sound like a coward.

Sponger15SB
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
klepton is a guy that scammed grannymae and someother ppl here..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely false. STFU and stop spreading lies. Please learn to not make posts claiming people have done things that they never did.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? You didn't hear about Klepton stealing grannymae's bike at the WSOP and her old ass having to walk from Treasure Island to the RIO the morning if the main event. She was so flustered and drained that she massively overplayed QQ as an overpair vs. AA and she busted.

All Klepton's fault. True story.

SoSo
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
?? You didn't hear about Klepton stealing grannymae's bike at the WSOP and her old ass having to walk from Treasure Island to the RIO the morning if the main event. She was so flustered and drained that she massively overplayed QQ as an overpair vs. AA and she busted.

All Klepton's fault. True story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats really amusing..