PDA

View Full Version : Call him down, right?

Ben
03-19-2003, 11:42 AM
6 handed (empty table, not playing SH), I raise UTG with
A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif All fold except agressive BB.

Flop comes 5 8 T with two hearts.
He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn adds a T, not a heart though.
He bets, I call. I'm almost sure he's representing here--he wouldn't have checked with a T on the flop. Unless he was afraid of a PP...would you have raised him here?

River adds a 9, no heart.
He bets, I call.

What do you guys think? Results to follow.

-Ben

ZManODS
03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Tough to say what you should do. He could have hit a small pair and once you checked on the flop he knew you didnt have the T. If you were going to call the river no matter what you could have tried a check-raise on the turn possibly getting him to fold a better hand. If he hits you back with a raise or bets out on the river when you dont make your flush you can fold. If he doesnt have the T he will probably check to you on the river costing you the same but has the added benifet of picking it up on the turn. Also if you do hit your flush you can pick up an extra bet on the river.

davidross
03-19-2003, 01:02 PM
There are some opponents I would fold to here, but you describe him as aggressive so I would call. You will lose 3 out of 4 times I think, but the times you win will make up for the extra bet. If he's really that aggressive I would consider raising the turn.

Louie Landale
03-19-2003, 08:09 PM
I think he's got a pair of 5s.

Raising the turn makes sense if he may very well lay down a small pair if he's got it. Gotta know your player. Otherwise, call him down.

- Louie

Ed Miller
03-20-2003, 05:45 AM
That turn bet looks suspicious to me also. I would raise that puppy.