PDA

View Full Version : Early accumulation (30s and below)

A_PLUS
08-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I think I am starting to get a good 4-table feel for the correct SNG PT optimal push-calls once th eblinds get to 50-100. My ROI/ITM% have been slowly climbing.

So what about earlier levels? Does anyone actively accumulate chips earlier than this? If you have a BB who is playing a typical 2+2 strategy, will you go after his blinds earlier? Do you check raise an obvious and weak bet from a limped button, when you are BB on a good flop for it (3h Th 3c)? How about some smaller stealish raises with 'good' hands?

For instance, A9 in the CO, blinds 25-50 last 3 have similar stacks to you (900-1000) and are reasonably tight?

You can have a +ROI playing only push-fold poker, but just curious if anyone tries to get into the 50-100 level with 100-200 extra chips? Is it worth the risk? I am mostly a MTT player, so this is my more natural style anyway. If been trying to turn it off for SNGs, mostly b/c I tend to get carried away.

Newt_Buggs
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
This is the main thing that separates the good from the great players in higher buy in SNGs IMO. I wouldn't recommend getting too tricky early on at the lower buy in SNGs though, or even at the $100s for that matter. There are just so many loose players that will read correctly as weak that call anyway. This was an expensive lesson that I learned at the $22s.

In the A9 example I would usually raise.