PDA

View Full Version : Poker Lingo

08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Can someone provide a list of poker lingo used here on the 2+2 site?

Examples:

What does 100BB mean?
Hero?
UTG?
etc.....

I am new to this site an want to be sure I understand all the terms used on this site.

Thanks

nervous
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
100BB = 100 Big bets, the bet size on the turn and river in a fixed limit game. The big bet in a 5/10 game would be $10

Hero describes the player himself as he plays the hand.

UTG stands for Under The Gun. This describes the person first to act after the BB. UTG+1 means the person second to act, etc.

Grisgra
08-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Also:

"Donkbet" is to take over the lead after someone else has previously shown aggression, i.e., I raise preflop, the BB calls, and after the flop he bets out. Or I bet the flop, he calls, and on the turn, he bets out. (Also occasionally called "gaybet", but -- well, not going to get into that whole war. Suffices to say you can get away with putting "donkbet" into the title of a post.)

CO: Cutoff, or the guy to the right of the button.
Hijack seat: Guy to the right of the cutoff.
EP, MP, LP: Early position, Middle position, Late position
TAG -- Tight Aggressive (what you want to be)
LAG -- Loose Aggressive (what is fun to be). "LAGging it up" means to get in there and start raising with marginal stuff.
Loose Passive -- Plays lots of hands, usually does not bluff, often does not raise without at least two pair or an overpair.
"ATM" -- See "Loose Passive" . . . guy you go to to get your money /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
The Zoo -- The Internet Gambling forum.
OOT -- Other Other Topics.
SIIHP -- uhh . . . just go to OOT.

EDIT: confusingly, BB = Big Bet, but also BB = Big Blind (the position, not the amount of the BB, which is typically 1/2 BB. Of course.) And SB = Small Blind.

Catt
08-08-2005, 06:07 PM
The Microlimit Guidelines / FAQ v1.0 thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1659321&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) is a great introductory resource to 2+2 in general.

smartalecc5
08-08-2005, 06:20 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=begin

Go there for all your questions like this.

08-08-2005, 06:22 PM
WA/WB .... way ahead/way behind?

Catt
08-08-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WA/WB .... way ahead/way behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.