PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else think Wedding Crashers sucked?

wpr101
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I did not like this movie at all. There was 4-5 times I laughed but other than that it was pretty stupid. The ending was awful. I know the movie has a really sarcastic tone but comon; the guys end up getting the girls at the end like they are in love? I personally hate all these Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn movies with a passion. There will be like 1 or 2 funny jokes in the whole thing and the rest of the movie is lame.

Tron
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't know, why don't you check the Wedding Crashers thread that already exists?

meep_42
08-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Let us know how you like Deuce Bigalow 2.

-d

Nathan183
08-08-2005, 03:56 PM
No, I'm fairly confident that you are the only one.

Indiana
08-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Dude,

Are you insane? This movie rocked. Especially the scene where Will Farrell is talking about living the dream and tellin his mom to get him some phuckin meatloaf.

Indy

ThaSaltCracka
08-08-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally hate all these Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn movies with a passion.

[/ QUOTE ] why did you go see it then?

Also, I think you have a horrible sense of humor, or maybe you prefer higbrow humor, which means you have a horrible sense of humor.

JoeC
08-08-2005, 04:10 PM
No, but... I was mildly disappointed.

Christopher Walken wasn't nearly as funny as he could have been. They really didn't make him as scary a character as I thought he'd be. Owen Wilson is getting old for me.

Vince Vaughn, on the other hand, absolutely carried the movie for me and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors.

It's a pretty good movie but I don't think I'll be buying the DVD.

mwilli31
08-08-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, but... I was mildly disappointed.

Christopher Walken wasn't nearly as funny as he could have been. They really didn't make him as scary a character as I thought he'd be. Owen Wilson is getting old for me.

Vince Vaughn, on the other hand, absolutely carried the movie for me and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors.

It's a pretty good movie but I don't think I'll be buying the DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]
My thoughts exactly. I read all the great things the OOTiots had to say about the flick and couldn't wait to see it. I was even drunk for most of the movie and really only cracked up at a couple scenes. I definitely expected it to be funnier. Got in for free, but would definitely not pay $7.50 to see it.

THATWACOKID
08-08-2005, 04:18 PM
im about to go see it. but i thought every ben stiller/owen wilson/luke wilson/vince vaughn was [censored] hilarious.

thatpfunk
08-08-2005, 04:41 PM
no.

DCJ311
08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not like this movie at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell us what your top 3 favorite comedies are then?

Boris
08-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. But to be honest I wish I hadn't heard all the hype. I think my expectations were a bit high going in to the flick. It definitely was not as funny as Old School.

miajag81
08-08-2005, 05:04 PM
The first hour or so was pure, unadulterated genius. The last half of the movie, other than the Will Ferrell cameo, was kind of weak.

Indiana
08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Well Boris,

Old School was the best ever. I love that scene where he's talking about his fun-packed Saturday with his wife: "Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond..." That really hit home. Then he proceeds to get wasted.

Indy

Wes ManTooth
08-08-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not like this movie at all. There was 4-5 times I laughed but other than that it was pretty stupid. The ending was awful. I know the movie has a really sarcastic tone but comon; the guys end up getting the girls at the end like they are in love? I personally hate all these Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn movies with a passion. There will be like 1 or 2 funny jokes in the whole thing and the rest of the movie is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may find the movie funny if you remove that large branch from your ass.

Boris
08-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Dude! You're Frank the Tank?

partygirluk
08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
This should be in the existing thread but I thought it sucked too.

Indiana
08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Well not exactly, but losing my entire Saturday with my wife shopping for stupid stuff helped me relate.

Indy

Indiana
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah, but you also thought that Reid would KO Lacy. Where's my $3000 at?

Joking-Indy

08-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I think there's been a dearth of good comedy movies, so naturally when something mildly funny comes out, people LOVE it, when actually it's subpar.
I really didn't think Wedding crashers was that funny. I always like rewatching funny movies, but Im pretty sure I dont want to see Wedding Crashers again.

LBJ
08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
OP,

At least put a [censored] *SPOILER* before you reveal the ending. I am one of the few who haven't seen the movie yet but I guess the ending is ruined for me now. Thanks.

phage
08-08-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the ending is ruined for me now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really....C'mon....REALLY.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I didn't think it was very good either. I don't think it would be much of a topic here if El Diablo hadn't given it a good review.

2+2 wannabe
08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Tron
08-08-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was very good either. I don't think it would be much of a topic here if El Diablo hadn't given it a good review.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Almost everyone I know has loved it, and I don't hang out with any skeezers, skig-skags, hee-hahs, hoolie-hoos, scallywhops, mark-ass tricks, or trick-ass marks.

wpr101
08-09-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell us what your top 3 favorite comedies are then?

[/ QUOTE ]

These might not be my top 3 but I liked:

Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood
Half Baked
Meet the Parents

wpr101
08-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I also like the Family Guy movie I just saw yesterday. Got it off one of the torrent sites.

BeerMoney
08-09-2005, 09:38 AM
What about when vaughn said "playing a game called just the tip"?

That's worth the price of admission alone.