PDA

View Full Version : Monster draw OOP

gol4pro
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I've got 100BB stack, and this guy covered. He seems a little loose passivish, but not too bad.

.5/1 NL at pacific.

I have A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifUTG, and raise 3xBB. MP calls, BB calls.

Flop T /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot 9$)
-- BB checks, Me?

unlucky513
08-08-2005, 03:00 PM
i make a pot sized bet here everytime.

Brad F.
08-08-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got 100BB stack, and this guy covered. He seems a little loose passivish, but not too bad.

.5/1 NL at pacific.

I have A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifUTG, and raise 3xBB. MP calls, BB calls.

Flop T /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot 9$)
-- BB checks, Me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is the loose passive guy? Your OP is unclear, you have two villians. I bet 5 bucks here as a continuation bet from my UTG raise. If I take it down great, if not, that's great too. If you are reraised by either player, that's when it becomes a little trickier. With anywhere from 12-18 outs I might rereraise anyone here.

In general you want your money in the pot. I don't check the flop unless I know that MP bets into me.

Brad

08-08-2005, 03:09 PM
I think maybe just a check works here. If MP bets, surely call. You still only have A high.

imported_anacardo
08-08-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think maybe just a check works here. If MP bets, surely call. You still only have A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding me.

Lead with the intention of pushing a raise.

Get everything you can in the middle.

vulturesrow
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not good advice. Not good at all. you have a ton of pot equity staring you in the face and you want to check?

Brad F.
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. He still only has two overcards with the nut flush/straight draw, which is TONS better than just ace high. You can say he 'just has ace high' after the river, but not here.

If you just check/call here (you can't check/fold under almost any circumstance), then you must check/call or check/fold the turn, and have lost opportunity for taking down the pot uncontested.

FE is in your favor here with a monster drawing hand. The only question is whether you lead or check/reraise in my opinion.

Once we get to further action the more difficult questions come in my opinion. Playing weak here is -EV though.

Brad

gol4pro
08-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Villian is MP.

Keep in mind, it's a double belly buster-- meaning I have 12 outs to the nuts, and 15 to the 2nd nuts.

JihadOnTheRiver
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is MP.

Keep in mind, it's a double belly buster-- meaning I have 12 outs to the nuts, and 15 to the 2nd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a favorite against almost every hand out there and pretty even with a set. you need to make a big bet, and if raised, you should be 100% willing to shove here. AJ/AT/flush draw/straight draw will fold, and you should ALWAYS be willing to get all your dough in with a double belly buster + nut flush draw + RF draw + 2 overs. you will be put in this situation often, and you need to get all $ you can in every time.

-jihad

gol4pro
08-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Trust me, I'm willing to play for my stack, I was just interested in hearing different opinions on how to make that happen.

Anyways, I checked, villian bet out 4$, BB folded, I check raised to 15, and MP folded.

Brad F.
08-08-2005, 04:21 PM
I might reraise less, but in general it doesn't look as if you are going to get paid in this hand regardless.

Brad

imported_anacardo
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
The best way to play for your stack is to lead/reraise. Check-raising is not the best way to get your stack in; it is instead the best way to take down the pot on the flop.