PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Set - Multiway, Draw heavy flop - $400NL

ipp147
08-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Full ring, second orbit, pretty much readless.

EP Limps, EMP mini raises, 2 cold callers and I call on the button with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

blinds fold and EP calls.

5 to the flop ($46) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP leads for $12, EMP (miniraiser) calls, 1 fold, cold caller raises to $60, folds to me and I?

ipp147
08-08-2005, 07:08 PM
boring? standard? please reply /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mishafp
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Stack sizes?

Gugel
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
You got two options here. Reraising or folding. Just calling his raise puts you in a horrible position for the turn. Unless another 9 comes, you'll be under a lot of pressure to fold to another raise. Reraising will give you a lot more info. If he reraise you all-in, you should fold. If he calls, he might check the turn and give you a free card. He might also fold right at the flop. If you're behind, my feeling is you'll lose less money by reraising.

TheWorstPlayer
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I probably make it $200 and call a push, but don't love it.

ipp147
08-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Sorry,

Virtually all players had $400 or thereabouts.

I raised to $200, folded back to the reraiser who called.

Turn was a J. Checked to me and I?

Publos Nemesis
08-09-2005, 06:15 AM
As long as it wasn't the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I would check the turn, and call up to a half pot sized bet on the river. If you bet the turn, I think you have to call a reraise all-in (which would be the only appropriate raise, I believe). Accordingly, I would show weakness and let him bluff the river if he misses his flush.

TheWorstPlayer
08-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Ugly card, but you have half your stack in there, the pot is huge, I'm putting the rest in. There is still no indication of being behind, really. And if you check, that will induce him to throw the rest in on the river enough times when you're ahead to make the call, so I just put it in on the turn. If you're behind, you still have plenty of outs.

Publos Nemesis
08-09-2005, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugly card, but you have half your stack in there, the pot is huge, I'm putting the rest in. There is still no indication of being behind, really. And if you check, that will induce him to throw the rest in on the river enough times when you're ahead to make the call, so I just put it in on the turn. If you're behind, you still have plenty of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess with the stacks being as they are, and the unlikelyhood that he caught a gutshot, you have to put the rest in after raising the flop. Either he has a straight / better set made on the flop or he doesn't. The turn card is a brick either way then, so just hold on for dear life and throw money into the pot.

fimbulwinter
08-09-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Full ring, second orbit, pretty much readless.

EP Limps, EMP mini raises, 2 cold callers and I call on the button with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

blinds fold and EP calls.

5 to the flop ($46) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP leads for $12, EMP (miniraiser) calls, 1 fold, cold caller raises to $60, folds to me and I?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop i'll very often threebet here with 45s-78s, AA-22 and AJs+ if i know the initial minraiser has the typical big ofsuit hand or medium PP.

on the flop im just putting it in there. you're going to get a lot of calls from hands with 4-9 outs against you, so you haven't won the hand yet, but you likely will.

fim

ipp147
08-09-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a very ugly card but I figured it could have scared him as much as it scared me.

The pot was around $500 by then and we both only had $200ish behind.

I pushed. He thought for ages and made the call with TT.

How was villains play?

I can't understand why he didn't put me all in on the flop if he was going to call when a scare card hit anyway?

Anyway, thanks for the advice all.

TheWorstPlayer
08-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Villain's play was bad. He should just push on the flop. You played well. Set over set sucks.