PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 folds....and one level 3 fold

stillbr
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
edit~~~~Forgot to mention this is the party 22

Here are two recent folds I made on level 1. Is this standard?

Level 1

UTG+1 raises to 45. CO calls, I re-raise JJ to 120. UTG+1 re-raises to 350, CO folds, I fold.

Anyone suggest just calling the 45 ep raise? And waiting for the flop to decided what to do?

-----------------------------
Level 1
UTG limsp, UTG+1 limps, MP3 raises to 120, I'm the CO and fold AK

-------------------------
Level 3. everyone still in

Folded to MP(Seems solid. Not playing many hands) who raises to 200(~1k). I (chip stack 700) fold AKs in the CO.

adanthar
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
JJ is a raising hand. It is generally not a *re*raising hand, especially to an EP raise apparently out of position (I'd like it slightly more if you were the button but it's still bad.) Call and take a look at the flop.

Folding AKs there just sucks.

stillbr
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JJ is a raising hand. It is generally not a *re*raising hand, especially to an EP raise apparently out of position (I'd like it slightly more if you were the button but it's still bad.) Call and take a look at the flop.

Folding AKs there just sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I figured about hand #3. I'm just learning sng's. Was a multi-tabling 3-6er. So do you push in that spot?

adanthar
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes, autopush. In fact, due to the structure/your short stack, I haven't done the math on this but I have a feeling it's +EV or at least break even to do so if you know he has queens.

bluefeet
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
#1 - personally, i just call call the initial raise (...and proceed to lose all my chips vs KK on a no-over flop!!). but i DO think reraising is perfectly acceptable. and yes, i'd fold to the re-reraise.

#2 - 8xPF? wow...tough with out read obviously. OPENING for this amount is a bit much. indicative of what...i don't know. i have no problem folding this L1.

#3 - i think calling is out considering your stack. pushing over the top is certainly an option. with everyone still alive, you'll be seeing plenty of cards before the blinds get through twice. i guess i'd assume open-push in MP/LP w/<7BB's, than push over the top here for a potential race. just me though. i suspect pushing here PF isn't wrong.