PDA

View Full Version : "Rambo III" DVD Movie Review

Mark Heide
03-19-2003, 03:15 AM
If you like to see a movie filled with great warfare action and no plot this is for you!. I just picked this movie up at Wal-Mart for $5.88, less than the price I originally paid to see it in the theater. This is just one of those movies that you have to crank up the volume to hear all the grunts, grones, and explosions.

The transfer and sound are great. Included in the package is a 30 minute documentary on Afganistan which is interesting because they are comparing the situation with the Soviets and how the tables have turned since the movie was originally made. This would be a good film for Ray to see on his new home theater system (that's if he's bought it yet).

Watch this film just for the action.

Mark

Ray Zee
03-19-2003, 04:41 PM
my new home theatre is getting set up this weekend.

you got it for 5.88 less than the price of the movie or for 5.88. if it was the first than i suppose i would get 2.88 back if i bought it in montana.

i just saw version 11 again on starzs last night. that one wasnt too good. i forgot how slow it was, even though lots of action.

maybe i will buy your copy for 50 bucks. thats what it is worth for me not to go into wal-mart. although where i live its unavoidable sometimes.

Mark Heide
03-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Ray,

The DVD cost just 5.88. What's wrong with Wal-Mart? I'll be watching Rambo II tonight, unless there's something interesting happening in the Middle-East. Rambo movies are just for action. It was nominated for an Oscar in 1986 for best sound effects editing. A good film to test your new theater.

Mark

Ray Zee
03-26-2003, 07:16 PM
mark, i went and got the stupid movie at walmart. it wasnt all that bad but the surround effects werent great but okay.
my new theatre is wonderful but i still have to put in my macros so i can dispense with all the remotes, what a pain. the new equipment has way too many features to master in less than a year.

Jimbo
03-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Ray,

I still have one of those high $$ remotes sitting on my coffee table gathering dust. Never have finished programming it to do everything! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

John Cole
03-26-2003, 10:04 PM
"What's wrong with Wal-Mart"?

Mark, Wal-Mart scares the hell out of me. Listen to their commercials: "If we didn't work here, we'd come everyday just to have fun here." Are these people nuts? I fear that if I ever walk into a Wal-Mart, some old guy is gonna try to hug me. I'm not the hugging type. Or, even worse, somebody's going to stick a happy face on me. I'm not the happy face type, either.

john

Mark Heide
03-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Ray,

The next movie I suggest will have a plot instead. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
I still use four different remotes, because I'm too lazy and cheap to buy another remote so I can program to control everything.

Good Luck

Mark

Mark Heide
03-27-2003, 01:04 PM
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just for you.

Mark

John Cole
03-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Mark,

You outscalfed, scalf. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif