PDA

View Full Version : I can't escape poker (WSOP spoiler included)

MaxPower
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
I took a business trip to the UK last week for 4 days. I figured it would be 4 days where I would not play or think about poker at all.

On the flight from JFK to Heathrow, the guy sitting next to me opens up his laptop and starts to work on something that has to do with poker.

It turns out that his name is Edward Moncada and is a professional poker player who recently won a WSOP bracelet in the $2000 pot limit holdem event. The event will air on ESPN in early September. Two 2+2ers were at the final table - one is EZCheese and the other I can't remember. His tournament record is very good, but I think he is primarily a cash game player. He also came very close to making a WPT final table this year.

He was on his way to play in the London Open where he was rooming with ZeeJustin.

Edward knows many of the 2+2ers from the bay area and considers Tommy Angelo and HiatusOver close friends.

It was great talking to him about poker. We talked a bit about his WSOP final table and it should be a good episode as long as ESPN doesn't mess it up.

Edward is a good guy with a great head on his shoulders. I hope he does well in the future.

Kevmath
08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edward is a good guy with a great head on his shoulders. I hope he does well in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

He took care of that part, winning £68,775 for 3rd place in the £5,000 main event at the European Poker Championships on Sunday, which was won by Tony G.

UMTerp
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
He posts here occasionally as ebolivia too.

whiskeytown
08-08-2005, 05:24 PM
and you didn't bum an invite into the private poker clubs? - you fool - LOL

it was good hanging out with you in AC/NYC

later
RB

colson10
08-08-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two 2+2ers were at the final table - one is EZCheese and the other I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sirio11 was the other, he came in 3rd.

I have heard nothing but good things about Mr. Moncada. I hope to meet him sometime in the future.

colson10

uuDevil
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7362/godfatherdvdcollectiongf37kv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

burningyen
08-09-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He posts here occasionally as ebolivia too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it's just "Bolivia".