stevepao checks.
SCUBA CHUCK checks.
azhoosier checks.
ducky_fuzzz bets (15)
Bananino raises (150) to 150
are_you_sure folds.
stevepao calls (150)
SCUBA CHUCK folds.

<font color="blue"> I was intending on calling until stevepao called. Thoughts? </font>

durron597
08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
This is a very bizarre way to see QQ played, and 44 is unlikely because you can see two of the 4s.

I would push this because I don't want to give a cheap card to one of the flush draws that I'm certain is out there, and I'm expecting to be called by "better" aces that didn't flop 2 pair.

Scuba Chuck
08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very bizarre way to see QQ played, and 44 is unlikely because you can see two of the 4s.

I would push this because I don't want to give a cheap card to one of the flush draws that I'm certain is out there, and I'm expecting to be called by "better" aces that didn't flop 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are long the lines that I was thinking, but the caller really through me off. I started thinking about AQ also being out there. It's really early still....

(Also, at the same time, on another table, I was beaten with AA when some guy flopped quad 4s, so maybe I was a little skewed at the time.)

adanthar
08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff Pee Ess.

fnord_too
08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow, that's some strange action.

I like leading here and three betting. That line will get me broke when I am behind but I think is more +EV than checking with the intent of calling or raising. There are only 11 hands ahead of you here (technically A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T/J /images/graemlins/heart.gif is favored over you, so you are behind 13 hands), and AA/QQ are pretty unlikely.

I think the way you got there I just push. The check coldcall is pretty scary, but without some sort of read I don't think I can give stevepao credit for one of the hands that beats me, and the raise to 150 screams weakness. Pushing may get the draws out, which is fine, and may get a call from a biggish ace (other than AQ), which is great. I don't think you have a third option though, this really looks like a push or fold spot. I suppose you could call and push a blank, but I really hate any line that calls off 20% of my stack with two pair where there is a decent chance I will be folding later in the hand.

gumpzilla
08-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I think it's pretty rare that you're beat here at this level. He could easily be hanging around with a flush draw, AT, AJ, etc. I think a club will kill your action, and you have to be reasonably scared of any broadway card coming that might pair somebody's kicker, or the board pairing to counterfeit you, so I push.

Scuba Chuck
08-08-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff Pee Ess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what FPS is...

adanthar
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Fancy Play Syndrome.

My thoughts on this hand began and ended with the buyin level. Bad fold.

bluefeet
08-08-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I was intending on calling until stevepao called</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

my intention would be PUSHING...until stevepao called (actually, i still do). i don't see how you cold-call even HU with the draw, and a TP better - where you're 2nd pair could be trumped on the turn.

a check/raise from the SB is scary stuff - a check call? not so scary. if he has a set (or two pair himself), he's not cold-calling this flushing flop. banana-boy's overbet could simply be a TP "ah crap..damn flush draw" kind of bet.

i could push this and not feel too bad about having a) flush guy suck out, or b) have my 2nd pair counterfitted via TP caller.

psyduck
08-08-2005, 02:28 PM
check/raise push or lead flop. pretty bad fold on your BB special. you have no reason to believe your 2 pair is not good at the $22s

08-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Looks like AQ and it was a good fold...

The Yugoslavian
08-08-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Eff Pee Ess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what FPS is...

[/ QUOTE ]

FPS for No0bz! (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=&amp;Number=536137&amp;page=4&amp;view =collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

This will also be of use to Unarmed, to a lesser extent Beefycake, but most of all, Durron, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav
PS Seriously Scuba, how do you have that many posts and not know what Adanthar is talking about?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Newt_Buggs
08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I lead out on the flop

with the way that you played it, I really don't think that you can get away from it, especially at a $33.