PDA

View Full Version : live game 1 table tourney hand question

orenthal
08-08-2005, 12:08 PM
down to final 3 in live tourney. i am SB with about T7700, button has about T6600, and BB has about T2700. money split is 60/30/10 . both other players are very close buddies that i know are both pretty good players, although button likes to gamble some and had been doing some pretty consistent preflop raises with low pocket pairs and then folding to bets on overcard flops. blinds are 300/600.

as i said, i am on SB and get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. button raises 600, i raise to 3000. BB folds, button calls. flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. i am first to act, where should i go from here?

tigerite
08-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Do what you should have done preflop, and move all-in. How did button raise to 600 with blinds at 300/600, by the way? Do you mean he raised to 1200? Or what.

orenthal
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
he raised 600 to 1200. sorry i wasnt more clear on that.

tigerite
08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Ok so 2100 in the pot? I can't find any other way here than pushing. You maximise fold equity, you probably pick up a nice pot, and you even have a good chance of being ahead of another Ax type hand, or whatever junk he's doing his minraise with. To re-raise for half your stack is, to be honest, horrible.. I would never do that.

bluefeet
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
personally, i would push PF. but simply calling is far better than your reraise IMO. you're asking for too much trouble putting that many chips in the pot out of position. with a call, you could do a number of things on the flop...check/raising is certainly one option depending on his lead out. given this flop and your reraise PF, you're looking at a) open-pushing, b) check-pushing, or c) check-folding. i don't see where you'd be getting anywhere leading out for less than your stack given the pot size you've created. open-pushing is probably your best bet, continuing from your show of strength PF. keep your fingers crossed....(and push PF next time).

orenthal
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM
both great replies. thanks guys. looking back, i know i should have just pushed PF and i am not sure why it didnt occur to me at the time what a crappy bet that was. i did push after the flop though which makes me wonder even more why i didnt PF. if i was willing to go all the way if the flop missed me then why not just push from the get go? part of my thinking when i just made the big raise and didnt push PF was that the big over the top raise would probably scare away his miniraise anyway, but a push would have been the way to go for shizzle.

tigerite
08-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe you felt like doing some stop-and-go type move, I dunno really. I think he would fold if you push preflop personally, without a pretty high pair.

Oh, and I don't care if it does scare his miniraise away - I'll take the t2100 thankyou very much, at this stage of the tourney.

orenthal
08-08-2005, 12:24 PM
i just figured that any hand he would miniraise with would be too weak to call the 3k bet. which also means it would have been too weak to call the all in bet.

hindsight is 50/50.