PDA

View Full Version : I check-raise to much, help me.

twolf
08-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Stars $50 6max(5-handed)
I have villain covered, he has $22.80

I have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in the the SB.

2 limps, button raises to $2, I call, limpers call

Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, limpers check, villain bets $3.50, I raise to $11 he pushes his last $9.80, and I call

Given that he's a short stack I am curious about my pf play as well. Should I 3-bet isolate and call a push? 3-bet isolate and fold to a push?

I realize I played this wrong by c/r'ing, because there are people to act behind me. But should I lead($6) and fold to a push or call a push. What is your standard line in this situation?

Or is all this just results orientated thinking? He had AA and I found no more help.

djoyce003
08-08-2005, 11:10 AM
just lead the flop, there isn't much you can do here to get away from this hand against a short stack though.

RiverFenix
08-08-2005, 11:20 AM
AKo plays much better HU against a shortstack than multiway with a few deep stacks. Id isolate PF and push on flop (assuming you isolated the small stack)

fuzzbox
08-08-2005, 11:20 AM
For the reason you state, I dont like check-raising here. If one of the other guys wakes up with a hand then Im usually destroyed.

I lead the flop, and yes I get all-in with villain for that price.

subzero
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Pot the flop. He'll push and you're probably calling. Same result, just unlucky that you were against AA.

The checkraise might be better on a less coordinated board. What if he checks behind and Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes on the turn? Save your checkraises for a drawless board like K-8-2 rainbow. Check, let him bluff, then raise.