PDA

View Full Version : Which type of poker do you PRIMARILY play?

Dr_Jeckyl_00
08-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I accidentally played Omaha hi-low this weekend (and took 1st!) My regular game in No-limit hold em. But I was wondering what games you all play. Somewhere I heard that other games may be easier to beat than NL hold 'em. Anyway please check of which game you PRIMARILY play.

DyessMan89
08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
60%- No Limit Holdem
30%- Limit O/8
10%- Other

Dr_Jeckyl_00
08-08-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
60%- No Limit Holdem
30%- Limit O/8
10%- Other

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you find the competition in non hold 'em games any easier than in hold 'em games?

08-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Last week I mistakenly signed up for a 7 card stud 8 person sng. I have never played one of these before as holdem is my game. Actually I dont think I have ever played any 7 card stud.
Well I ended up finishing 1st.
Dont know if i had a lucky game or if the other players where just all bad.
But I would tend to think players are the same skill level if not more skilled. Everyone plays the most popular game-holdem- but it takes someone who knows poker to get into the more unpopular games.

08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I find the omaha H/L competition to be terrible compared to the holdem competition, especially on Party.

This is mostly due to the fact that not many know how to play it right. And for you to find it an easy game, you wourself have to know how to play it well (which isnt so hard once you know holdem, just takes practice).

Dr_Jeckyl_00
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last week I mistakenly signed up for a 7 card stud 8 person sng. I have never played one of these before as holdem is my game. Actually I dont think I have ever played any 7 card stud.
But I would tend to think players are the same skill level if not more skilled. Everyone plays the most popular game-holdem- but it takes someone who knows poker to get into the more unpopular games.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there are so many books on hold'em and the discussions in this forum revolve around hold'em... is it possible that that the skill level of non-hold'em players is worse than the average hold'em player??? Or maybe we just got lucky...

nyc999
08-08-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the buy-in you played, but I find the $10+1 7 Card Stud games are pretty easy. Most of the players take their hands way too far and bust out quickly.