PDA

View Full Version : Tournament vs. cash game

Deelah
03-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Hi again!

I mostly play $5 to $20 NoLimit-tournaments and showing great results. But if I sit down to play limit cash games, everything between $0.50/1 to $3/6, Iīm a big loser. I just canīt win.

So if you could give me some advise how to become a good player at the cash games too, I would be very happy and grateful. Thank you guys!

cferejohn
03-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Geez. Where to start. The differences between a no-limit tourney and a limit ring-game are immense. At the limits you mention, one of the largest differences is that bluffing at low-limit hold 'em is often very difficult or even impossible, because there are some players who will call down with almost anything, whereas bluffing in no-limit is a neccessity if you want to be a winner.

Really, the best thing you could do would be to read Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players (Sklansky/Malmuth) and/or Winning Low Limit Hold-em (Jones). This should allow you to reconfigure your mind for these games.

If you have already done this and are still beating your head against a wall, try posting some hands here and people will make fun of you...I mean try to help you improve. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif