PDA

View Full Version : Wild and Wacky 100+9?

Sandwich
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
I ventured into 100+9 territory and the first table I play is a doozy... what do you think of my play?

Second hand of the tourney, EP raises to 80, SEVEN players call. Chat box is full of comments, like "Rock and Roll" "This is going to be a fun table" "OMG, this is wild!"

Anyway, the chat feeds off itself, and pretty soon, players are daring each other to "go all in next hand"... Two guys next to each other are really getting into it, and "agree" to go all in "when it's our blinds".... I'm playing it up too, saying, "really?" "are you guys really going to do it?" "everyone goes all in next hand?"

So, I'm UTG when it's their blinds, and I see A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (everyone else yet to act). I push all in.

Good play?

cow_phunk
08-08-2005, 09:26 AM
worth a shot.

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Sure. You wouldn't want to get an image as a party pooper. :P

TylerD
08-08-2005, 09:39 AM
exactly, can't hurt.

Sandwich
08-08-2005, 10:06 AM
That's what I was thinking: worth a shot... so I took it.

I am very new to the 100+9 level, and figured that I wasn't nearly one of the best players at the table, so if there was an easy way for me to double up, I figured I'd take it.

As it turned out, I was called all-in by a guy in MP with 340 chips less than me... the rest of the players (including the blinds) folded.

MP showed K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, which is exactly the type of call I guess I wanted.
Too bad the flop was 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the turn and river didn't help me.

I still think it was a decent play, and it gave me fodder for the remainder of the tournament to rib BB and SB for "reneging on their deal."

I ended up winning the SNG anyway, so it's all good. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wes ManTooth
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
UTG, yes... mostlikely you will just steal the blinds even with all the chat talk.