PDA

View Full Version : Very Basic Question

The_Missile
08-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I don't play PLO very much, and last night, four of us decided to play a small tournament. Now, we understand, that in PLO, the most you can raise is the size of the pot, but does a pot-sized raise include what the pot has in it already or what it would have after you call? For example- lets say the blinds are 1 and 2, and the first two players call, making the pot size 7. If a player wanted to raise the size of the pot, would his raise mean a call of 2 and then raising 7, or a call of 2 and then raising 9, since his call swells the pot to 9?

liquid
08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For example- lets say the blinds are 1 and 2, and the first two players call, making the pot size 7. If a player wanted to raise the size of the pot, would his raise mean a call of 2 and then raising 7, or a call of 2 and then raising 9, since his call swells the pot to 9?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot-sized bet = pot after call, so the player bets 2 + 9 = 11. Playing live the easiest way is to figure (call + (number of players who called * pot before the betting)) as the max bet. If stacks are all-in short or there has been re-raising and folding, I'm back to using my fingers and toes.

The_Missile
08-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Hah, thank you very much.

The_Missile