PDA

View Full Version : First hand Beauty, turn action in question

Salerosa
08-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The converter is messing up so bear with me. This was literally my first hand at this table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.
(UTG+1 called, SB completed)
Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB bets 10, I call, UTG +1 calls

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets 30, I???

Thoughts and results to follow...

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 07:46 AM
I'd push. Villain obviously has J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and you need to make sure he doesn't hit his bigger straight flush cheaply.

Um, okay, seriously, I just smoothcall this and try and milk both villains for all they're worth until the river where I would raise/bet the largest amount I could see him/them calling. Maybe they'll be smart enough to realize that a smoothcall on the flop and turn doesn't bode well for him, but he probably won't be at these levels. And maybe one of them has the Ace-high flush and feels like they're slowplaying a monster. That will lead to a nice payoff.

taran
08-08-2005, 08:06 AM
I would call. I need UTG1 to tango along.

I have a feeling that SB has a made hand, small flash? most likely and UTG1 is drawing to a bigger one.

What are the stack sizes?

Salerosa
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
I have 200, they both cover, SB was around 450, UTG+1 about 220.

djoyce003
08-08-2005, 10:31 AM
pretty easy call here...you don't want to push anyone out. I'd wait until the river to raise. Best case scenario you are up against the ace of spades and a set and the 5 of spades will all on the river making someone a full house and someone the nut flush...god that would be beautiful. I think you are likely up against a worse made flush and an opponent with the ace....just call, string em along and raise the river big.

djoyce003
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
almost forgot.

To quote vince van patten

"milk him like a holstein."

Salerosa
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Guess this hand is not all that interesting to most, but I really feel like extracting the max is one area that I need work on.

Anyway, thought process: I felt that UTG+1 was prob holding a high spade, most likely A of spades. I also felt like SB had a made hand that he was willing to run with, but I didn't want to slowplay too long and lose them with a big river bet. Anyway, I raise to 70, UTG folds, SB makes it 150, I push, he shows 87o. So basically I just benefited from the fact he was bad.