PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 First hand of the night flops top and bottom two.

ryanghall
08-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Empire 400NL full ring.

Villain has $260, I have him covered. I just sat down. I don't really have a read on him. I had a note that he checked JJ in the big blind once. Whooppee?

I get J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB

1 fold, Villain calls UTG+1. 2 others call, SB completes, I check.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet $19. Villain min-raises to $38. All fold to me.

What should be the line here?
Should I reraise all-in? Should I be at all worried that my hand isn't best? (I'd say not likely with this stack size). Should I call and check-raise all-in if the board doesn't pair a 6?

Anyway, I called.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he bets $35. I raised to $90 (I know, bad). He pushed. I called.

Decent enough?

Ryan

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Villain hit a set of (most likely) 6s. Unless he was slow-playing an overpair which I have seen them do at this level. And hey, that read that he checked Jacks in the BB might have come in handy after all then...

fuzzbox
08-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Maybe call the minraise and lead the turn would give you a better idea of where he is.

I guess you normally see a set with this kind of action, but I've seen AA/KK/QQ turn up here sometimes.

I dont like it at all when he bets 35, and pushes to your check-raise on the turn.

whittiphil
08-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Why do you call your turn reraise bad? Because it was so small? Depends what your objective was.. if it was because you wanted him to push... well it worked. But I don't think you wanted that.

I like the fact he checked JJ in the BB one time... it means I would feel justified calling this and hoping he had AA

redrooski24
08-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm guessing you got shown a set here. I think a stop n go on the turn is much better than a big c/r since it helps you figure out exactly where you stand much much cheaper than your check raise. Tough hand, although with your read he might have whiffed a limp reraised AA or KK. I think if you lead the turn and he raises again, you find out that your 2 pair is no good.

ryanghall
08-08-2005, 09:35 AM
River bricked, he showed QQ and MHIG.

Ryan

fimbulwinter
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
for reasons you've no doubt already experienced, i really like check/calling down three streets on dry boards with top and bottom pair.

fim

djoyce003
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I'd check/call this down. You are either way ahead or way behind. Villain might drawing to 2 or 3 outs only...if he has an overpair he has 6 outs after the turn.....if he's got a set you are drawing to 2 outs...I'd check call here because I want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

I'd definitely buddy list this clown btw. Love people that limp big pairs, then stack off when they get outdrawn. Saw a guy do this with AA last night...open limps on the button with AA...BB stacks him with 10 3 offsuit when the flop comes 10 3 7, turn is a 3...funniest thing i've seen and the button goes off on him for 'how can you play 10 3...the dude was like, um, I was in the blind....funny stuff.