PDA

View Full Version : i should fold here...

joker122
08-08-2005, 04:17 AM
...but this is that 1 time in 10.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

he shows A6 and MHIG.

am i being results oriented? is this a fold?

nervous
08-08-2005, 04:19 AM
I call here, but it could be a leak of mine too.

wackjob
08-08-2005, 04:23 AM
Not for me. Plenty of idiots at 5/10 are bluffing any obvious opportunity for a bluff, i.e. paired boards, flushed boards, straight filled boards.

mdeck
08-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Agreed. Unless he's really passive I call here too, but then again I'm also trying to raise my WtSD...

goofball
08-08-2005, 06:28 AM
You should not fold there.

jba
08-08-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not for me. Plenty of idiots at 5/10 are bluffing any obvious opportunity for a bluff, i.e. paired boards, flushed boards, straight filled boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy McSucker
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I keep calling them and I keep losing them.

Posts like these keep me calling.

My stats for calling on the river look okay I think.

Guy.

SteveGriff
08-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I'd call this too - but is this my leak too? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone got some maths handy?

Steve Griff

Stack
08-08-2005, 10:23 AM
With this being party 5/10, no reads on the guy, and the pot being HU after the turn, I don't know why you would fold TPGK on the river for one more bet.

nh

wheelz
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
I think there's definitely times when you can fold here, but you need a read to do it. Against an unknown I can't fold this for one more bet

colgin
08-08-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With this being party 5/10, no reads on the guy, and the pot being HU after the turn, I don't know why you would fold TPGK on the river for one more bet , especially when an obvious scare card comes .

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

colgin
08-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Look, lots of times you are paying off here. But I don't want to make this tough fold against an unknown when an obvious scare card comes on the river here. I have found that in the full ring games my top pair hand is almost never good when I get checkraised on the river. However, in the 6-max games while I am often paying off, I find that lots of players take shots with river check-raises that are either outright bluffs or are misguided value bets with worse hands.

colgin
08-08-2005, 11:49 AM
I am curious as to what people think about villain's river check-raise here with a weak Ace.

I think he is calling anyway with top pair so is it worth the extra bet to try to get a better hand to fold knowing that it is an easy fold to a three-bet.

Even if Hero will never pay off with a worse hand like KQ the check-raise doesn't have to work very often for it to be profitable. If it gets a better ace to fold a little more than 12.5% of the time it is better than break-even. However, if Hero will pay off with hands like KQ or JJ then it seems like a really good play.

Thoughts?

Edit: I need to clarify what I mean by breakeven above. Assume that villain needs to call anyway with top pair here. If we look at those instances where he is behind in isolation then his EV is, of course, -1 BB when he calls. Again looking at those instances in isolation, if he checkraises and gets Hero to lay down his hand 12.5% of the time (I rounded down the pot by 0.2 for ease of calculations) then his EV is still -1 so it is breakeven in that sense. If Hero will fold the better hand more oftne than that then raising looks beter than calling. If Hero will pay off with worse hands then it looks better still.

meow_meow
08-08-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm always surprised at the party 5-10 6max at the number of times I will raise pf with a big ace, ace on the flop, then get cr'ed on the turn by ace-rag.
It doesn't seem to occur to some players that a pf raiser's most likely holding is an ace with a better kicker.

aslowjoe
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't seem to occur to some players that a pf raiser's most likely holding is an ace with a better kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is what keeps us coming back everyday.

colgin
08-08-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am curious as to what people think about villain's river check-raise here with a weak Ace.

I think he is calling anyway with top pair so is it worth the extra bet to try to get a better hand to fold knowing that it is an easy fold to a three-bet.

Even if Hero will never pay off with a worse hand like KQ the check-raise doesn't have to work very often for it to be profitable. If it gets a better ace to fold a little more than 12.5% of the time it is better than break-even. However, if Hero will pay off with hands like KQ or JJ then it seems like a really good play.

Thoughts?

Edit: I need to clarify what I mean by breakeven above. Assume that villain needs to call anyway with top pair here. If we look at those instances where he is behind in isolation then his EV is, of course, -1 BB when he calls. Again looking at those instances in isolation, if he checkraises and gets Hero to lay down his hand 12.5% of the time (I rounded down the pot by 0.2 for ease of calculations) then his EV is still -1 so it is breakeven in that sense. If Hero will fold the better hand more oftne than that then raising looks beter than calling. If Hero will pay off with worse hands then it looks better still.

[/ QUOTE ]