PDA

View Full Version : Lessons I insist on learning the hard way

IGMorton
08-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Wondering if anyone else would like to share leaks that they can't seem to get rid of. I'm hoping that putting them in writing here will help me to take my problems more seriously. Kind of like the 12 step AA program, the first step is admitting i have a problem and then promising to resolve it.

1. I suck heads up. There are many heads up sharks who continually kick my ass and i do not understand why i lose. Untill i am much more experienced, I promise to sit out when the table gets below 4 players.

2. I know that at low limits most players do not bluff much. Yet, I seem to have this aching need to catch them when i have a hunch. I promise to stop playing river cop.

3. I constantly spew chips when playing with calling stations at low limits. I know that autobetting 5 handed flops and making fancy plays like check-raise turn bluffs is loosing me money. I promise to tone down my agression.

einbert
08-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Don't try to bluff them, but at 5/10 6max and above they do try to bluff you a lot.

Lalit Khajuria
08-08-2005, 04:00 AM
1. Making stupid three bets from SB with bad hands, after buttons raise.

2. A slight tilt problem when I drop 30+ big bets on 2 rounds.

imported_leader
08-08-2005, 04:05 AM
This is more of a problem when I play 2/4 full but I can't seem to get enough hands to showdown. My WTSD is like 28-29%, and I can't seem to find those couple of marginal hands that I should be seeing a showdown with.

wackjob
08-08-2005, 04:09 AM
My biggest leak: ignoring the gut telling me to fold.

IGMorton
08-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Have you ever read Zen and the art of Poker?

It's not for everyone. but, there are some really good ideas there on trusting you "gut".

IGMorton
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
so, how often are you calling down with top pair when your turn bets get raised 4 handed?

sammy_g
08-08-2005, 04:39 PM
1. Tilting

2. Not trusting my instincts.

3. Staying in bad games and playing too long when sleepy and stuck.

IGMorton
08-14-2005, 06:11 AM
i have stuck to my promises i made at 3/6 PP. intial results are encouraging over the last 5 thousand hands:

-i left if the table if it dropped below 4 players (only playing 3-handed if i have 2 fish).

-i stopped trying to catch bluffers (unless i had a really good read on a maniac or an obvious missed flush draw, etc)

-i toned down the agression lowering my ASB from 41 to 36 and my posflop total from 2.0 to 1.7 (which seems more reasonable in the no fold em' realm of pp 3/6.

i know sample size means next to nothing here... but my winrate is up about .5 BB. more importantly i feel more comfortable in my game.