PDA

View Full Version : forum problems

12-04-2001, 11:36 AM
I am a computer dummie /images/frown.gif

I am having a problem which I guess is easy to solve.... but I have no clue how to solve it /images/frown.gif

When I try to log into 2+2 at home... I get to the homepage fine, but when I try to access a forum it gives me a "unable to display page" error message.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Keith

12-04-2001, 12:11 PM
If you are accessing the forums via the main 2+2

page and the left column, it should work fine in both locations. If you have bookmarked a particular forum, the URL for the forums changed with the software upgrade.

Chuck

12-04-2001, 01:07 PM
I am using the column on the left. It works fine from my puter at work... but not from home for about the last week.

12-04-2001, 02:17 PM
Your browser might be returning a cached copy of the main 2+2 page that has the old links imbedded. Try clearing your cache (look for how in your browser's help menu) and reloading. Alternatively, you can load the main page, then hit Shift+Reload on your browser. This will load the page again right from 2+2's server. Good luck.

KJS

12-04-2001, 07:42 PM
I had the same problem. I went to

Internet Options/Settings/View Files ,found Cookie:dave@www.twoplustwo.com and deleted it and everything was OK.

12-04-2001, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone...

Dave's was the solution. Now I can pester y'all from home once again /images/smile.gif

Cheers,

Keith