PDA

View Full Version : QQ- value or safety?

ChipLeader
08-08-2005, 02:58 AM
$50 Buy-in
Level:3 Blinds(25/50)

Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 10: joey211 ( $2415 )
Seat 6: badbeats_com ( $810 )
Seat 1: GotYourTellx ( $985 )
Seat 5: Krummi ( $600 )
Seat 3: MGTOOTHMAN ( $665 )
Seat 4: snatchball ( $1605 )
Seat 8: paulieballs ( $2270 )
Seat 9: bpinks1 ( $650 )
Trny:14646822 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GotYourTellx [ Qh Qc ]
MGTOOTHMAN raises [100].
snatchball calls [100].
Krummi folds.
badbeats_com folds.
paulieballs folds.
bpinks1 folds.
joey211 folds.
GotYourTellx...?

Reads:
The UTG minbet says to me AQ/AK, and maybe AJs for unpaired cards. Paired cards would be midpairs-highpairs, the UTG minbet could really mean anything from extreme strength to average.
UTG Likely Range- AK/AQ, 99-JJ.
UTG Semi-likely- AJs, AA, KK, 88

UTG+1's cold call is most likely a low PP or high suited cards, but im banking mostly on low-mid PPs.

Options:
A.) Cold call- I hate this because i have no idea what to look out for on a flop and it remains two-handed. Ive got the worst position postflop and dont know if the K is scary or if the 8 is. Im really not sure what im trying to dodge. The benefit is less risk if i want to play it soft.

B.) Reraise- With UTG committing 100 of his 650 chips, any reasonable raise will commit him to the pot and probably wont drive UTG+1 out since UTG will be offering good odds by calling. I hate this play as well since im not sure if i want to invite calls. The benefit is the added value on a good hand.

C.)Push- Pushing creates the most fold equity, but i have to be worried than when i get called it will be by a midpair, AK, and overpairs. I think he calls with 99-JJ and im happy, AK and im indifferent but would prefer gettin my money in in a better spot, and AA/KK im very unhappy. UTG+1 i expect to fold regardless. This means by pushing im protecting the hand but not getting any real value out of it. I hate this play since you dont get a hand as strong as QQ often and im getting no real value from it. The benefit is the protection and not having to guess where im at postflop.

This is my analysis, results pending. Any different takes or suggestions im more than open to, but keep in mind its a $50 buyin which means slightly higher preflop standards.

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Push.

ChipLeader
08-08-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the reasons i mentioned? A kneejerk reaction? A little reasoning would help me in this spot- though i do appreciate the feedback.

lastchance
08-08-2005, 03:21 AM
T275 is always valuable. Pick it up. Shove.

Stop thinking about getting value when you already have a pot a third of your stack in the middle. Just move all-in, unless you sniff AA/KK somewhere.

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Push because there's a damn good chance that you have the best hand here even if villain is a top 10% type and because villain might very well call with a lesser holding.

ChuckNorris
08-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I think your analysis is very much correct, nothing to add there. Clearly pushing is the best option here. Just one thing: you are getting great value by pushing here, don't get too greedy. It's very nice to win the pot here without a showdown, and you will sometimes be called by hands you dominate, maybe even more often than by AA, AK, KK, the 55's aren't THAT tight.

It's really bad to start thinking something like you're not getting the most value from QQ by pushing here. That's probably what the fish are thinking when they limp, cold call raises and miniraise with group 1 hands.

ChipLeader
08-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Thanks for all the feedback-

I pushed the hand mostly because i didnt need a tough decision at this point and was happy taking 275 no risk rather than trying to really muscle with QQ. I figured UTG+1 was no threat to call and UTG would leave me about 500 chips if i lost, which is workable at 25/50 blinds.

They both folded and with a bit of luck in the heads up match i went on to win. I think this play was the turning point since this is where i used to go broke or get big, but here i remained about the same but was able to exploit better spots.

Thanks again!