PDA

View Full Version : PLO hand, weak fold or right play?

Acesover8s
03-18-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm in the 2$ BB with a stack of $125. Every player at the table limps in and I check along with K277 rainbow.

Flop comes AdJs7d. It gets checked around to the cutoff who bets the pot. Button calls. I pause for a moment and muck.

Comments?

dogsballs
03-18-2003, 04:24 PM
You said everyone trailed in. Doesn't matter whether there's a caller or not. Somebody bet...that's enough to make me throw it away in this spot.

dogs

adam74
03-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah - I agree with the above. You might have the best hand at the moment, but it's very vulnerable and you're out of position.

Anssi
03-20-2003, 04:20 PM
He doesn't need position since he will be all-in if he checkraises all-in. Folding is probably the best option though.

adam74
03-22-2003, 08:18 AM
If he raises the pot now, he'll be putting another $72 (call of 18 and raise of 54) into the pot, I think - assuming it's a full table of nine players. If I've worked that out right, he'll still have $51 left in his stack.

The way I see it, position is important right now, since there's still the rest of the field to hear from. Any of those 5(?) players could be looking for a check-raise.

perfidious
03-25-2003, 02:30 AM
The button's call means it's time to get out here-depending on the cutoff's style of play, he might bet aces-up, or have limped in with J-J-10-9 or some such,though lacking this information, it's impossible to judge.

With only the cutoff in, I'd still have to know the player before making a call here; you're out of position with a hand which could be outrun. Once there's a call, your play is correct,IMO-you're second-best in this melee, and your only legitimate out may be the case seven.

BTW, don't let on that you threw away bottom set; let others lose their stack to you by playing these hands time after time. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

perfidious

Guy McSucker
03-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Against a bet and a call you have to fold. Not necessarily because you are beaten - online you'll be against two pair and a flush draw a lot of the time - but because you can't play the hand any better.

If you call, someone else may raise, and you are toast. Even if everyone folds, you won't like to see a diamond or any card ten or higher. That's a lot of cards. Factor in the chance that you're behind already and out of position and this has to be a fold.

Raising on the flop also leaves you stranded with almost half your stack left, so the same positional worries apply.

I would often lead out on this flop by the way. It's hard to flop a set, and you usually hear from AA before the flop, so there's every chance you're ahead. If you lead and are raised, you have a better idea of where you stand. If you get two callers, as you might in this situation, well, at least you tried. This might be one of my larger leaks though. And there are lots.

Guy.