PDA

View Full Version : Am I overaggressive here?

08-08-2005, 02:45 AM
The big stack had been bullying the table. I thought I had pretty good FE here.

NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee
Level:5 Blinds(75/150)

Seat 8 is the button

Seat 1: Tera_flop ( $2300 )
Seat 8: OldCarDog ( $3635 )
Seat 10: allinalex123 ( $2065 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Tera_flop [ Td Ad ]

OldCarDog raises [300].
allinalex123 folds.
Tera_flop is all-In.
OldCarDog calls [2000].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2s, Qc, Jc ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
OldCarDog shows [ Ac, Js ] a pair of jacks.
Tera_flop shows [ Td, Ad ] high card ace.
OldCarDog wins 4675 chips from the main pot with a pair of jacks.
Tera_flop finished in third place and won $40.

NiR
08-08-2005, 02:51 AM
i dont think so. i would do that also.

proell
08-08-2005, 02:52 AM
Pushing back at the button is a fine move a lot of the time. Here I think it is a little early. You have ~15BB, so unless you have a solid read I would keep the lid on it (for now)...

lastchance
08-08-2005, 03:11 AM
I think this is standard.

ChuckNorris
08-08-2005, 03:20 AM
You need a pretty solid read not to push here. The villain really needs to be crazy tight for you not to push. Obviously they aren't, so I'll let you figure out what to do here /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ChipLeader
08-08-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing back at the button is a fine move a lot of the time. Here I think it is a little early. You have ~15BB, so unless you have a solid read I would keep the lid on it (for now)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Youre risking you stack for 500 chips, which is fine if you think he'll call with a hand that youre ahead of or fold most the time. I would need a solid read here to risk 15 BBs for 4 BBs. Its not your job to play sheriff, the push is fine as long as you have some sort of evidence that says youre ahead- you should not be trying to push out a better hand than yours because i dont think theyre folding (except maybe AJ and low PPs, but here i think hes calling with anything)

Standard play but perhaps early. Just make sure youre doing it for the right reasons, not because youre getting annoyed with him running over you.

tigerite
08-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Villian would do this with worse aces, and KQ/KJ probably. I believe this is the right move. Often times it'll be that he has A9, or he has AT when you have the AJ, and they call then too.. believe me.

Maulik
08-08-2005, 10:18 AM
uhhh, I don't really like it. There is still time to manuever here and play poker rather than push/fold.

A call & bet on the flop would have been better. You don't nneed the risk of your entire stack of 22bb to win 3.5bb. I don't think this is great risk/reward.

08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Hmmm. I appreciate the replies on both sides. I have to admit I didn't stop and consider how deep the stacks were. Usually by ITM the blinds are larger, and so I was operating more on instinct (feeling like I was 5-10xbb). I think maybe it would've been reasonable to wait for a better spot.