PDA

View Full Version : This month at Cryptologic...

Moneyline
08-08-2005, 02:28 AM
1) Classic Poker is still screwing me out of a $100 bonus, and their entire staff appears to be MIA. They don't respond to emails from me, my affiliate, and not even cryptologic themselves (who have ordered them to pay me). Their telephone number is disconnected.

2) Totalbet deducted 25 GBPs from my withdrawable balance. After a conversation with ECash inspired by Laurel & Hardy's "Who's on First" routine, they gave me an email address to contact. I wrote to that address and have yet to receive a response.

3) I had the same problem with UKBetting that I had with totalbet. After emailing them I received an auto-response that they have received my email, but nothing else.

4) I completed Caribbean Sun's bonus requirement earlier this evening, but the bonus was not credited to my account. I have contacted them and I'm waiting for a reply.

I almost wish the Crypto sites would stop offering bonuses because without them no one would play there, which would hopefully put them out of business.

mattw
08-08-2005, 02:44 AM
the only crypto's i currently do are poker plex and wm hill. havent done this month so we shall see.

MicroBob
08-08-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm not a big fan of crypto because I don't really care for the software.

I have played interpoker, carib-sun, pokerplex and williamhill and have had no problems at any of them though (although I have never had occasion to try to contact support which I have heard is PRETTY bad).

but your problems at the smaller skins are pretty much the reason why I don't really like playing at small sites/skins.

[ QUOTE ]

I almost wish the Crypto sites would stop offering bonuses because without them no one would play there

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course...there's nothing that says that YOU have to continue playing there.
The 'bonus' obviously isn't REALLY a 'bonus' if they never give it to you.
But I suspect you have already made a decision as to how much business you want to give to crypto (and the specific skins that have been screwing you over)

Synergistic Explosions
08-08-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Cryptologic Cashes In On the Poker Market
August 05, 2005
Michael Friedman

Software developer Cryptologic Inc., continues to expand its business in the global Internet gambling market after reporting a 47 percent earnings jump in the second quarter. "It's shaping up to be a year of growth competition and rapid change for the global Internet gaming industry. We're benefitting from the right products and the right strategy and in doing so we're showing that we remain the blue-chip e-gaming software company," chief executive Lewis Rose said in a company statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we know what their "right strategy" is now.

Moneyline
08-08-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cryptologic Cashes In On the Poker Market
August 05, 2005
Michael Friedman

Software developer Cryptologic Inc., continues to expand its business in the global Internet gambling market after reporting a 47 percent earnings jump in the second quarter. "It's shaping up to be a year of growth competition and rapid change for the global Internet gaming industry. We're benefitting from the right products and the right strategy and in doing so we're showing that we remain the blue-chip e-gaming software company," chief executive Lewis Rose said in a company statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are quite right in claiming they are the "blue chip" software company. Blue chips have the lowest valueof all the chips in the poker room, and Cryptologic sites offer the worst playing experience of any poker network.

PrincipalSkinner
08-08-2005, 07:34 AM
It's really rare for me to turn down free money, but I've had enough of the cryptos. They are just too screwed up. They can't tell you how far along you are toward your bonus. When you are awarded the bonus they might tell you by email, then again they might not. And I love the one where the pot amount is printed in white agqinst a pale blue and white background so you can't read it. Don't forget that charge to cash out. And the statements are so easy to read and understand. And I finally noticed that when I'm putting in $500 to one of the pounds-only sites, when you figure the 4% currency conversion, that's half the bonus lost already. Plus you can't rebuy unless it's $20 or more. And my favorite: If you click on fold when check is possible and you get the popup asking if you REALLY want to do that, if you click no it won't just automatically check for you like party, you have to click on check again.
Oh, I forgot the constant disconnections and time-outs that limit me to 3 tables at a time (if there are 3 open). Somebody else can have my crypto bonuses. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoorLawyer
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
i got my caribbean sun with no problems

AndysDaddy
08-08-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After a conversation with ECash inspired by Abbott & Costello's "Who's on First" routine, ...

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

Sorry for being nittish, but this is one of my favorite bits. But thanks for mental image of Ollie trying to cajol Stan into asking him "Who's on first", but Stan just standing there with his mope on, scratching the top of his head and shrugging his shoulders. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

groo
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm having the same peoblem with Total Bet and UKBetting. The only part I disagree with is that the situation does not compare to "Who's On First". Laurel & Hardy's bit can at least be deciphered.

Moneyline
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Quite right... I deserve a lashing.

Moneyline
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Caribbean Sun got back to me and they've promised to manually credit the bonus to my account. They apologized profusely for both their mistake and their delay in getting back to me, even though it didn't take them very long to respond. Relatively speaking, Caribbean Sun seems to have their act together... meaning that they actually respond to emails and their CS department is helpful.

LargeCents
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I stopped playing cryptos several months ago, and I don't miss it one bit. Bad software, worse support, and the cashouts can take much longer than the other sites. Just don't waste your time unless you enjoy frustration.