PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected inner turmoil involving TILT...

coffeecrazy1
08-08-2005, 01:06 AM
We can all agree that TILT was horrible. I am not defending the show in any way, shape, or form.

Yet, I feel strangely pulled toward buying the one season of it when it comes out on DVD. TILT achieves a sort of grandeur in its badness...almost so-bad-that-it's-good sort of thing, like the movie "Road House." It's almost like a snapshot of a car accident...or perhaps the moment when poker jumped the shark.

Alobar
08-08-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or perhaps the moment when poker jumped the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you are allowed to talk about how bad something is, and then use a horrible failure of a catch phrase in the same post

coffeecrazy1
08-08-2005, 09:04 AM
and yet I did... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

samjjones
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We can all agree that TILT was horrible. I am not defending the show in any way, shape, or form.

Yet, I feel strangely pulled toward buying the one season of it when it comes out on DVD. TILT achieves a sort of grandeur in its badness...almost so-bad-that-it's-good sort of thing, like the movie "Road House." It's almost like a snapshot of a car accident...or perhaps the moment when poker jumped the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Road House" is bad?!?!?! I happen to think its the best movie about a bar cooler ever made!