PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh sometimes I hate maniacs!! 100 NL 6-max

yvesaint
08-08-2005, 12:55 AM
100 NL, Prima. Two maniacs at my table, BB with $140 (has been making pre-flop bets around $8-10 with no limpers), Button with $260 (who loves to mini-raise and push his stack around when no one seems interested in the pot).

I've been sitting tight ($100), playing TAG for about 4-5 orbits, but haven't shown down a hand (nothing good so far).

I raise UTG with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif to $3. Button, SB, and BB all call.

Flop ($12): 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, I pot it for $12. Button mini-raises to $24. SB folds, BB calls (??) for $24.

Pot is now $72 to me, I have $85 left. Easy push? If I push, and Button calls, BB is calling. If I push, and Button pushes, BB is folding ...

I was a little dazed by all the action, but definitely thought I was ahead - but I could possibly be having to dodge 15+ outs.

dtbog
08-08-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop ($12): 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, I pot it for $12. Button mini-raises to $24. SB folds, BB calls (??) for $24.

Pot is now $72 to me, I have $85 left. Easy push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

You say these guys are maniacs.. unless you have more of a read than that, you're paying off a set of tens every time.

You're drawing very live against the unlikely straight, and obviously you're ahead of any draw.

Shove 'em in!

imported_anacardo
08-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Consider that your redraws are pretty bitchin'.

I can't see not pushing this, ever, against these guys.

yvesaint
08-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Well, since I guess the answer is obvious, I pushed, both called, and the turn brought an ugly, ugly 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, yet they both decided to check it, and the river paired me my 7. Took down a monster $300 pot /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

NYCNative
08-08-2005, 03:16 AM
What did they have? Was there a sidepot after the river?

yvesaint
08-08-2005, 03:25 AM
They checked. it. down. How crazy is that? The BB had about $40 or so left in his stack. I never got to see what they had, they mucked, "uncontested win" is what the HH said. Shortly after that, I took that last $40 from him when he went all-in pre-flop against my KK, and flipped over 33.