PDA

View Full Version : PARTYPOKER ministeps

08-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Im mostly 200NL player. 13.55BB/100in the log run.

Started at step2 and in 2 days i took 1st place 2nd place and 5th.

The weird thing happening is that when i go all in preflop with the best hand i always lose!!!!Especially when its crusial

At 4th step 6 players remaining i pushed with KK guy called with K6 won 66 on flop. AK vs A9 A9 won got A card flush on river. QQ A2s called got flush. AKs 107 calls gets straight.
KK J9 calls gets 99. AA A10s calls gets flush.
I raise KK flop 1068 flush draw on flop looose loose guy calls my raise. I bet pot size he moves all in i call he flips 44 runner runner spades and he gets 1 card flush. I bust out he says piece sucker.

I dont get it how the hell suckers and idiots like this getting lucky always??? Im not talking about cash but mostly when you go preflop all in with best hand i always lose!!!

I had such incredible beats like A7 vs 79 AJ vs J9 AA vs 69off its like unbelievable but when i go all in with crap and im forced too i always lose freaking always.

I dont get it how can i win when idiots getting so lucky not 20% lucky or 30% lucky but 85% lucky vs best hand.

Can someone explain me pls

jman220
08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain me pls

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at poker.

08-08-2005, 12:03 AM
I've read in a few different places that Party Poker favors poor play, in that they create card action that keeps people in the game, since they have such a large % of fish. In other words, they rig the card distribution to reward poor play. Is this just what the losers cry or is there any possible truth to this? /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

jman220
08-08-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this just what the losers cry

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding Ding Ding.

08-08-2005, 01:22 AM
also i forgot to say that in 1 week i won over 6k playing steps. But im not happy with this considering how many beats i had. Increddible beats...

Reef
08-08-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im mostly 200NL player. 13.55BB/100in the log run.

[/ QUOTE ]

this log run you speak of must only include a couple hundred hands

08-08-2005, 01:48 AM
...and what's a "log run" anyway? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

08-08-2005, 02:07 AM
in the long run. Yes thats about 37000 hands /images/graemlins/smile.gif))

smartalecc5
08-08-2005, 02:39 AM
I think richgambler clearly has no idea what the two words "bankroll management" means.

08-08-2005, 03:33 AM
WTF man??? What BM and skewed odds has in common????

Im talking about incredible beats.... even tho i win a lot but not as much as i would have to.

Lets assume PP gives you the right odds lets say AA wins 80% heads up. Some shortack pushes all in 20$ with AK you win with AA 20$ then some idiot pushes 77 10$ you win 10$ then some tilting idiot after he lost huge pot and has 7$ remaining pushes 108s and you win this 7$........ then some guy raises preflop 10$ with KK you reraise him 30$ he pushes all in 150$ you call and flop comes xxxKx. Is that right odds of course almost nothing out of ordinary you won 3 times and you lost 1 time but!!!!!! you lost huge pot!!!

Are you sure PP cant program this thing? Lets say some idiot lost 300$ because he really sucks if he gonna lose 150$ he would have 0 in his account so he pushes 100$ all in vs set and he wins 100$

Get it no?

MicroBob
08-08-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when you go preflop all in with best hand i always lose!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

if I have the best hand preflop then YOU always lose???

interesting.

mdeck
08-08-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Get it no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Someone with 37000 hands should know better, or is dumb to play so many hands at a "rigged" site.

XXXNoahXXX
08-08-2005, 08:55 AM
6k in the ministeps is a big profit in two weeks, if you're that proficient, why not pay an extra $5 and play the regular steps where the payouts are like $2500 more for 1st? The step highers are a bit harder to take down, but not impossible given all the second chances you'll get. You realize that if people are going to be calling your all-ins with K6, unless they're very shortstacked or making a move, then these are exactly the types of players you want to play with? You invested $6 and lost? boo hoo. You know who plays in the $6 steps? People like the guy who posted "I want to deposit $5 and turn it into 10K" the other day. People are either looking to score big and go home, or they just plain don't know what they're doing. if you can't take losing $6 buyins to bad beats for the sake of 6K then poker isn't for you.

dtbog
08-08-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also i forgot to say that in 1 week i won over 6k playing steps. But im not happy with this considering how many beats i had. Increddible beats...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

jman220
08-08-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if people this dumb didn't exist, none of us would be making any money.

Sponger15SB
08-08-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? if we belive everything the guys says about the money he has won, we probably don't want to play against him. you know winning players can believe online poker is rigged.

jman220
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? if we belive everything the guys says about the money he has won, we probably don't want to play against him. you know winning players can believe online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well I can't believe I'm going to be the first one in this thread to do this, but I'm going to call BS on this story. This guy wins over Six Thousand Dollars playing ministeps, but is still so pissed off over a few bad beats he took while winning SIx Thousand Dollars, that he felt the need to post an online poker is rigged thread? Something's wrong there. And if this story is true, wow, imagine the tilt factor on this guy. If this guy is getting so pissed while he's winning that much money, imagine how bad he must tilt when he's actually losing. Those two ingredients put together do not equal a very strong longterm player. This is to say nothing of the fact that I've never met a long term winning player who doesn't understand how bad beats are necesary for the game, and are in fact, how we make our money. Bad players win all the time, as you know, and they win big. Its what makes poker such a great and addictive game. I was merely commenting that the attitude this guy has is probably relatively common amongst donks who have high variance and occasionally score big, but lose it all in the end to "bad beats and lucky draws." Oh yeah, plus his comment about being able to make it into the final step money 20 percent of the time off of a ministep buyin was priceless. If his story is true, I'm about 75 percent sure this is just someone who got smacked in the face by positive variance, and is now coming down off of it.

baronzeus
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Party Poker sucks. I had a 100BB downswing yesterday. There's no way I can have a 100BB downswing because I am AWESOME.

08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read in a few different places that Party Poker favors poor play,

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I must SUCK.

jman220
08-08-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker sucks. I had a 100BB downswing yesterday. There's no way I can have a 100BB downswing because I am AWESOME.

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn. 2200 posts in 3 months? I thought I posted a lot.

baronzeus
08-08-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn. 2200 posts in 3 months? I thought I posted a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

2274 actually. And no, you don't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif