PDA

View Full Version : Give me another line

JihadOnTheRiver
08-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Villain is new to the table, in the CO. This is a common scenario. I don't know if my line is particularly bad, I just want another option. Re-raises don't usually come from AQ or TT, which seem to be the only hands I'm really beating at the river. Knowing the generally extremely tight preflop re-raising standards of the Party 100 game, should I be folding this flop? That doesn't sound right for $5...

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) sucks ass.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.
Hero raises to 4, villain min re-raises to 7, all fold, Hero calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villain bets $5, Hero calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, villain bets $15, Hero folds.

Final Pot:

GrunchCan
08-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I often lead the flop for a PSB if any paint falls or if the flop is paired. If I get called or rasied and I don't have an overpair, I'm done.

stu-unger
08-07-2005, 11:33 PM
i think your line is fine. if u want another one i think checking the flop to him is right (assuming u would do this if u flopped a set). i normally like to stop and go here as it represents more strength. or in this situation i like to c/r his super weak lead to like 15-20. if he calls im done.

calmasahinducow
08-07-2005, 11:34 PM
I like your line alot