PDA

View Full Version : The funniest thing I have ever seen.

Hung
03-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Last Friday I played my usual cash game. 0.25-0.50 NL dealers choice. We were playing Hold'em. I got 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif One of my favorite hands. I raise preflop and have one caller. The flop is 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
I throw in a big bet and he calls. Turn is a 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif He yelled: "YES!!" And said: that's the six that I needed. I bet again and he goes all in. Which was 5 times the pot. It was one of the biggest pots of the night. I asked for time. Did he had a flushdraw like me? After two minutes he says: I'll show you one of my cards. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I thought he was going to show A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif But no, he shows 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
LOL
I immediatly call. River was a rag, I won everything. He felt so stupid. He thought I had double pair and he wanted to me to call. He had hit a straight. But he didn't think I had a flush. LOL That was great.

Nottom
03-18-2003, 06:33 PM
With a reaction like that I expected to see 7h4h. Be happy you play against such nice players that let you know what their hands are.

Hung
03-19-2003, 04:51 AM
He was not being nice. He was trying to make me call. You should have seen his face. Best pot ever.

Last week something similar happened. One of the players made a huge mistake just by the end of the game. Game was double hold'em. And I had the nut full house on the first flop and a pair of 7 on the second flop. The guy thought he had trips on the first flop and went all in with 6 stacks left. I called of course. And then he realised that he didn't had trips. But even if he had trips I would have won with my full house and my pair on the second flop. But still, he was shocked. On the last few hands, he had an hallucination. I don't know what happened, but thanks
In fact he thought that he was holding the hand I had. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Kim Lee
03-19-2003, 12:32 PM
"He was trying to make me call."

Your opponent overbets the pot and shows a straight. You then call with a flush and win. Why was he surprised? Surely he wouldn't expect you to call an overbet with two pair versus his straight?!

Even if he ruled out your flush, what did he expect you to call with? Maybe he had the nut straight with a flush draw (7-clubs, 8-hearts) and thought you might call with a worse straight or a straight without flush draw?

Hung
03-19-2003, 12:59 PM
I've asked him why he showed me that seven. He said nobody would think that long if he has a flush. But I was scared of a bigger flush. It happens all the time. So he did not think of the flush anymore. It was a funny moment. I wont forget his face. I should have taken a picture.

**MR.MANHATTAN**
03-25-2003, 12:39 AM
hi hung, i cant wait to get to brussels brother. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif