PDA

View Full Version : First PLO-post.

kongo_totte
08-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I am exclusively a HE-player and this is my first time playing PLO (I actually googled the rules of PLO while playing). I have been at the table for about 2 orbits.

Hand 1

Party PLO25

I am dealt 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB. I have $23 and villian in MP covers.

6 players see a flop in an unraised pot.

Flop ($1:50) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 players)

SB checks, Hero bets pot, villian is only caller.

Turn ($4:30) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)

Hero bets pot, villian re-raises to $17 which basically puts Hero all in, Hero folds.

Thoughts? Forgive me if this is standard.

Hand 2

A while later I have $10 left and get dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in LP.

2 limpers to me, I raise to $1.1, button calls, SB calls, BB re-raises pot to like $6.5.

Hero does what?

beset7
08-08-2005, 12:04 AM
hand 1: I like the flop as long you realize you are semi-bluffing. If you think villain is weak firing the second barrel on the turn is justifable since you've got more outs now. Easy fold to the raise.

hand 2: Just call. Against average opponents you are looking at AAxx a nice chunk of the time. See the flop; play poker from there. Ideally you should flop a set with flush redraw and break off the aces. Just an idea tho /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome to the dark side. You should read Omaha Hold Em Poker by Caffione; especially the chapter comparing PLO and NLHE.

kongo_totte
08-08-2005, 12:20 AM
LOL, ok. I did not realize I was semi-bluffing. You mean I have to boat up for it to be a legit hand?

Hand 2. If I call (and I am only caller) pot will be like just under $15 and I'll have $3:50 left. Atleast in NLHE that is being commited.

autobet
08-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Good hands to post.

Hand 1 You have a flush draw and gut shot to go with your two pair. Your opponent is raising you all in so there will be no more betting. Did you opp slowplay 2top two pair or a set? or is he raising with 85 or a semi bluff raise (a straight draw picking up hearts maybe)?

I think this is a bordeline decision. I would lean towards calling (barely) since I don't have to worry about a river bet.

Hand 2

Reraise or fold
You are not getting proper odds to draw to trips. If you think your kings are good, reraise all in to try and get it heads up. If you think you are drawing, fold.

If your kings were better like KKQ10 or double suited I would probably push with short money.

beset7
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, ok. I did not realize I was semi-bluffing. You mean I have to boat up for it to be a legit hand?

Hand 2. If I call (and I am only caller) pot will be like just under $15 and I'll have $3:50 left. Atleast in NLHE that is being commited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 I didn't notice the short stack. It all depends on player reads here. There are many many PLO players that don't raise big preflop without some variation of AAxx. If this is one of those players you should fold since there are no implied odds on flopping a set.

RickyG
08-08-2005, 03:36 AM
I would stay away from situations like hand 1 until you have a better idea of what you're doing. The Equivalent of holdems TAG play is to be a nut peddler at Low Limit omaha. Do this for a while until you are comfortable with the game, then you can learn what to do with Top and Bottom pair.

Hand 2, I agree with the other poster, you have to either gamble for all your chips or fold, but I lean towards folding. Usually a reraise means aces but if your opponent is a total donk, you may be ahead. At Low limit, full table PLO, KKxx Is basically a drawing hand, IMO. You are looking to flop top set and dumping it if you dont. Preflop it's either a small favorite or a big underdog to aces. I would also reload my stack any time it got below 80% of the max buyin.

barongreenback
08-08-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes this is a semibluff and a weak semibluff into 5 players with that board is not good. You may be beat now (estimate 30%-40% chance). Someone may raise with a draw and you (should) fold. If someone calls then any /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6,7,9,J,Q,8 (26 cards,I think) will leave you in trouble and out of position. Hitting your full may not even win.

James

nicky g
08-08-2005, 07:01 AM
I would not bet hand one in EP in a 6-way pot. You have top and bottom pair with no redraws and everyone still to hear from. It's not a good hand.

kongo_totte
08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would also reload my stack any time it got below 80% of the max buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

As poor a PLO-player I am, a short stack will only save me money IMO.

Thanks for the replys everyone. Tough game this PLO. So many cards /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Hand 2
In real NLHE spirit I thought "I have a pair of kings pre-flop, I have the nuts" and pushed it in. He instacalled w/ AAXX and MHING.

Thanks for the replys everyone.

RickyG
08-08-2005, 07:44 PM
"As poor a PLO-player I am, a short stack will only save me money IMO

It will also guarantee you never become a winning player, IMO"