PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Mozzarella Sticks

Ulysses
08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
I had some today. Pretty good! These are new, right? When eating healthy, fried cheese sticks are my one weakness. The gold standard, of course, is Chili's Fried Cheese Sticks.

Claunchy
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Assuming it's not over/undercooked, what differenciates a good and a bad mozzarella stick?

08-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Better/worse than Sonic's?

DemonDeac
08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The gold standard, of course, is Chili's Fried Cheese Sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no idea how wrong this comment is. chili's mozzarella sticks suck.

megantw
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had some (McDonald's Mozzarella Sticks) today. Pretty good!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Crif Dogs and got a bacon-wrapped hot dog with cheese and a fried egg on top. Oh, and tater tots were on the side. This seems like a much better hangover-food option than McDonald's.

Breakfast was bacon waffles (waffles with pieces of bacon in the batter). I put peanut butter on some of the waffles.

Nottom
08-07-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming it's not over/undercooked, what differenciates a good and a bad mozzarella stick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the breading/batter is obviously the most noticable difference. Some places use different cheese (O'Charleys [if anyone else is familiar with it], for example, uses pepperjack which is awesome!) and of course the shape and size can affect the product as well.

Also not to be left out is the sauce for dipping. Many an otherwise solid cheesestick is ruined by a terrible sauce for dipping.

As you can see I share Diablo's weakness for fried cheese.

Claunchy
08-07-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the breading/batter is obviously the most noticable difference. Some places use different cheese (O'Charleys [if anyone else is familiar with it], for example, uses pepperjack which is awesome!) and of course the shape and size can affect the product as well.

Also not to be left out is the sauce for dipping. Many an otherwise solid cheesestick is ruined by a terrible sauce for dipping.

As you can see I share Diablo's weakness for fried cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mmm...pepper jack. Touché.

IndieMatty
08-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Try white castles. The best.

NoTalent
08-07-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to Crif Dogs and got a bacon-wrapped hot dog with cheese and a fried egg on top. Oh, and tater tots were on the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like heaven /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

youtalkfunny
08-08-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arby'scheesestick is ruined by a terrible sauce for dipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
08-08-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had some today. Pretty good! These are new, right? When eating healthy, fried cheese sticks are my one weakness. The gold standard, of course, is Chili's Fried Cheese Sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its great that one day you post about drinking fine wines and eating kobe beef, and the next you're posting about McDonald's mozzarella sticks.

Klepton
08-08-2005, 01:21 AM
what's with you and mozzarella sticks?

pokerdirty
08-08-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had some (McDonald's Mozzarella Sticks) today. Pretty good!

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Crif Dogs and got a bacon-wrapped hot dog with cheese and a fried egg on top. Oh, and tater tots were on the side. This seems like a much better hangover-food option than McDonald's.

[/ QUOTE ]

"lips and assholes in every delicious bite"

god i love st marks place.

the problem with mc donalds' cheese sticks is that the cheese isn't hot and greasy. they dont deep fry the bastards on the spot, they put them in their warming trays with the hamburgers. definately a 4 on the cheese-o-meter scale.

Ulysses
08-08-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like them a lot.

Ulysses
08-08-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem with mc donalds' cheese sticks is that the cheese isn't hot and greasy. they dont deep fry the bastards on the spot, they put them in their warming trays with the hamburgers. definately a 4 on the cheese-o-meter scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. This was my worry when I ordered them. But I must have lucked out and gotten there just as they made up a batch. Sounds like it's a real crapshoot, cuz getting some that sit under the warmer would be gross.

Ulysses
08-08-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its great that one day you post about drinking fine wines and eating kobe beef, and the next you're posting about McDonald's mozzarella sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, sponger! I just like what I like, man. A lot of that is expensive stuff, a lot really cheap.

nolanfan34
08-08-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like them a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also a big fan of them. Friend of mine got a deep fat fryer for his wedding (much to his wife's chagrin). He has to use it outside, otherwise the whole house smells like vegatable oil, but last time we were over he fryed up like 30 motz sticks. Just as good as anywhere I'd had them.

So, I can pretty much never buy a fryer, because I'll be like 400 lbs.

I like Arby's version, but for me, I'll always be a sucker for the Denny's version that come with the Sampler.

citanul
08-08-2005, 01:50 AM
this chain Leona's in Chicago (other midwest?) has 1 lb cheese sticks. pretty gross. haven't been able to consider them the same since i saw/ate one there.

citanul

kerssens
08-08-2005, 02:03 AM
wait a minute.....McDonald's has mozarella sticks?!

toss
11-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Looks like I found my Thanksgiving dinner. 50 Cheesesticks!

11-24-2005, 05:51 PM
TGI FRIDAY'S easily easily easily has the best. Good job for bringing up a really old thread though.

Lazymeatball
11-24-2005, 06:47 PM
ghost bumper strikes again

jar
11-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Bennigans used to have the best cheese sticks. MMM, asiago cheese planks. I went to a bennigans a few months ago, and they had changed the menu and had regular boring mozz sticks. I haven't been back since. I may not be able to resist the draw of the deep friend monte cristo however.

okayplayer
11-25-2005, 12:42 AM
If you are ever in MN or WI, you need to find Cheese Curds. Deep fried cheese, that are gooey cheesey greasey morsels of heavenly delight.

roundest
11-25-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are ever in MN or WI, you need to find Cheese Curds. Deep fried cheese, that are gooey cheesey greasey morsels of heavenly delight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like at Culver's??? I know they're in Michigan and Ohio as well. Yummm...

okayplayer
11-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I've heard they have them there too (I've never actually been to a Culver's, but hear they are good and have cheese curds). I moved out of MN 6 years ago, but when I go back, that is definitely one of the things I have to have. They are the best at the state Fair, where you can also get deep fried snickers, deep fried cheesecake, deep fried oreos and deep fried macaroni... mmmm... that is one thing I miss about the midwest. Deep fried whatever.

gorie
11-25-2005, 01:49 AM
culvers cheese curds aren't that great, as far as cheese curds go.

and mozz sticks > cheese curds, anyway.

IggyWH
11-25-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check these out.

I used to love when Long Johns had cheese sticks. They were so good because since everything there is deep fried, they are masters in perfectly cooking a cheese stick.

CheckRaise
11-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Since when does McDonalds have motz sticks? I have never seen them here and I go to McDonalds all the time.

phx
11-25-2005, 04:28 AM
i remember them having these about 3 years ago

11-25-2005, 04:35 AM
Chilis are the bomb. And the marinara sauce is the shizznit too.

Tex

Ulysses
11-25-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since when does McDonalds have motz sticks? I have never seen them here and I go to McDonalds all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I made this thread, they had them in NYC. They do not have them in SF, don't know if they did at some point.

tonypaladino
11-25-2005, 05:13 AM
They still have them in NYC, as of a couple of weeks ago.

They are not terrible, but the marinara sauce is.

Ulysses
11-25-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They still have them in NYC, as of a couple of weeks ago.

They are not terrible, but the marinara sauce is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had them twice. Once they were great, the other time pretty blah. Both times the marinara sauce was horrible. I tasted it the second time just to recheck.

CheckRaise
11-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Have you guys ever tried dipping them in ketchup, most people find it strange but I think it tastes pretty good.