PDA

View Full Version : STT Finanical Statistics.....

nate_king1
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Okay I recently have read a lot of posts about people "claiming" to make $100,000+ of playing lower limit SNGs for a living. Now I don't doubt this, but how many exactly are actually stataining this level of profit?

Please take the time to fill out this forum that will educate us in what is possible.

nate_king1
08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
bump

lacky
08-07-2005, 10:37 PM
well, i answered as best i can, but the reality is I play some mix of limit ring, nl ring, mtt's and sng's. Some months I play almost entirely sng's, other months I play none. so, i fudged where needed to put it into an all sng context for you.

Steve

wuwei
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
There's been "a lot" of posts where people claimed to be making 6 figures a year playing low limit sngs? I must have missed those...

nate_king1
08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's been "a lot" of posts where people claimed to be making 6 figures a year playing low limit sngs? I must have missed those...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure did.

wuwei
08-07-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link, please?

nate_king1
08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really expect me to get a list of all the links of posts where they talk about expected ROI and income from SNGs playing? Cause I'm not doing it.

citanul
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
just because you think that someone's ROI x their stakes x some random number of tables x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 6 figures, does not mean that people who claim some ROI and some number of tables at some stakes will attain that earn. most people who do this professionally do it to get away from the lifestyle of somoene who works 40+ hours a week. they play enough to make enough to be comfortable, and to have the things they want. they do not work until they want to kill themselves.

citanul

Apathy
08-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Define "Bankroll"

Do you mean active poker bankroll, or like moeny you have made so far this year?

I keep my active bankroll pretty small because I like earning interest.

nate_king1
08-08-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Define "Bankroll"

Do you mean active poker bankroll, or like moeny you have made so far this year?

I keep my active bankroll pretty small because I like earning interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I guess I would consider that bankroll

raptor517
08-08-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just because you think that someone's ROI x their stakes x some random number of tables x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks a year = 6 figures, does not mean that people who claim some ROI and some number of tables at some stakes will attain that earn. most people who do this professionally do it to get away from the lifestyle of somoene who works 40+ hours a week. they play enough to make enough to be comfortable, and to have the things they want. they do not work until they want to kill themselves.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i worked for a good 5 months 50+ hours a week before i wanted to kill myself. that formula worked for me for about those 5 months anyway.. then yea, i wanted to kill myself. so i have played 8 sngs in the last 15 days. holla

Newt_Buggs
08-08-2005, 05:11 AM
I usually play for about 30 hours a week and thats with limiting myself. Its like I'm addicted (even though I'm not). I'm on vacation in New Zealand and after a week off I couldn't take it and am playing almost as much as I do at home.