PDA

View Full Version : When friends start to steal you'r personality

maxfisher
08-07-2005, 08:49 PM
so, i hate when i spend an extended period of time with a specific friend and they start to do everything that i do, when i do it, how i do it.. so what do u do when this happens, unless of course, you are that friend... advice or thoughts??

gunt
08-07-2005, 08:53 PM
i guarantee no one on 2+2 will try to steal your personality...as magnetic as it is.

Dale
08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so, i hate when i spend an extended period of time with a specific friend and they start to do everything that i do, when i do it, how i do it.. so what do u do when this happens, unless of course, you are that friend... advice or thoughts??

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually you can yell "stop copying me" in the hallway or at recess. If that doesn't work, complain to the teacher or principal.

jokerthief
08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
You could learn to be flattered by it. I have the same problem. My friends will always mimic my jokes and it does get frustrating. It's like plagerism. The worst is when I meet someone new and they spring out one of my good voices or characters before I do. After a while I learned to not let this bother me because eventually everyone figures out who the funny one is.

maxfisher
08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could learn to be flattered by it. I have the same problem. My friends will always mimic my jokes and it does get frustrating. It's like plagerism. The worst is when I meet someone new and they spring out one of my good voices or characters before I do. After a while I learned to not let this bother me because eventually everyone figures out who the funny one is.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is exactly what im talking about, its so annoying, but youre absolutely right that it always comes out, it always comes out in the end

Los Feliz Slim
08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
As long as they don't steal your grammar or punctuation everything should be OK.

maxfisher
08-07-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As long as they don't steal your grammar or punctuation everything should be OK.

[/ QUOTE ]
you got me man, you are good

touchfaith
08-07-2005, 09:16 PM
You should consider killing them...

...and yourself.

M2d
08-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I think you're actually stealing theirs. think about it. you meet someone, start hanging out a lot and suddenly realize that you're both acting similarly. Once or twice, maybe they're stealing your personality, but over and over again? Man, that's a trend and the only common factor is you.

tek
08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Quick, someone Google Seinfeld--I'm sure he covered this topic like ten years ago /images/graemlins/wink.gif

maxfisher
08-07-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're actually stealing theirs. think about it. you meet someone, start hanging out a lot and suddenly realize that you're both acting similarly. Once or twice, maybe they're stealing your personality, but over and over again? Man, that's a trend and the only common factor is you.

[/ QUOTE ]
alright well i did not mean to imply that this happens with every friend i have or something, but i have been traveling with a friend for about 9 weeks and the thievery factor has gotten progressively worse as well as annoying. its getting to the point where i hate how he breathes

RRRRICK
08-07-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very natural thing. When you spend lots of time with someone certain traits are going to rub off. If you have certain phrase you use repeatedly without fail your friends will start using it also.

The fact that this bothers you is whats scary IMO.
I think you need some perspective but I'm guessing that your still on the young side so there's plenty of time for that

ChipWrecked
08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
I usually go rent 'Single White Female', and have movie night with them.

TheCroShow
08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
lawl, i knew a dude that stole my brother's "i got so drunk...." stories. it was hilarious, i didn't bother correcting him because it was entertaining to hear his side and his spin on the stories...

Russ McGinley
08-07-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quick, someone Google Seinfeld--I'm sure he covered this topic like ten years ago /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing that came to mind was "The Stall" in which George starts copying Tony (the mimbo), and turns his cap backwards in the coffee shop like Tony.

GEORGE: Bowling! What do you see bowling? Bowling's insane! Bowling is crazy time.

TONY: Bowling? I don't think so George you get no rush from bowling.

GEORGE: Rush? You want a rush? Drop a bowl on your toe my friend, talk about a rush, you'd be throbbing, you'd see visions.

TONY: No no no no, I'm thinking.. rock-climbing.

GEORGE: All right! Rock-climbing! J..just the 2 of us? Alright! Hey I'll make some sandwiches, what what do you like? Tuna? Peanut butter?

TONY: What.. whatever.

GEORGE: Alright alright, I gotta buy some bread.

TONY: Yeah yeah, you know I'm definitely down for some rock-climbing.

GEORGE: Me too, I am down, I am totally down, mark me down.

TONY: Cool, so what do you say we climb a rock maņana?

GEORGE: Huh.. maņana? Huh maņana might.. huh maņana might be a problem, I'm supposed to have huh a boil lanced maņana. Huh you know I think they charge me if I cancel with only one maņana's notice.

DavidC
08-08-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do whatever you did, when and how you did it.

That's just me, though.

08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Your friend's name wouldn't happen to be Tyler Durden, would it?

[censored]
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
op, what are the property prices like over there?

NobodysFreak
08-08-2005, 08:30 PM
The real pisser is when your friends can't admit that they want to be you and instead try and [censored] your ex-gf and act all passive/aggressive about it when you confront them.... not that I have experience with that...