PDA

View Full Version : Folding AK? When your villan mini reraises?

Crispy
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Ok in the past 3 tournaments I have gotten pretty close to the money but I am finding myself losing with AK to AA. Now I know this might be coincidence, but every time I have lost to the player who mini raised his Aces. How many times do you guys fold AK in this situation.
350k Gauranteed PP. 267 left 2000 started. 47 till Money

Villan1, VIllan2, Hero.
Villan1 is the bigstack at the table but has just been caught stealing with [censored]. This hand he tries again and he only miniraises. Blinds 400/800

Villan2 Raises Villan1's 1600 bet to 2400. I sit with a stack of 7400 and I push with my AK. VIllan 1 folds, and Villan2 calls and pwns me. Now I didnt necessarily put Villan2 on AA I put him on 1010-AA, AK, AQ, AJ. I thought that because Villan1 was raising with [censored] he might try to raise to isolate. Should I have folded and tried to find a better spot. With 7400 in chips and being close to the bubble I guess I could have chosen a different spot but this looked like a good spot to try to double up.

Crispy
08-07-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/thp_ranks.html

This chart has answered my question. With AKo my chances of winning when going to the river against 2 opponents are 48.2%. I can definitly chose a better spot I think I dont know what I was thinking. I suck