PDA

View Full Version : Jam Bands in Vegas Halloween

warlockjd
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
not a bad lineup minus dave matthews

shakedown street coming to a poker room near you

www.vegoose.com (http://www.vegoose.com)

Dave Matthews & Friends
Jack Johnson
Widespread Panic
Phil Lesh & Friends w/ special guest Ryan Adams
The Meters (Art Neville, Zigaboo Modeliste, George Porter, Jr., Leo Nocentelli)
Trey Anastasio
The Flaming Lips
The String Cheese Incident
Primus
Ween
The Shins
moe.

gunt
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
vegas is not a city for hippies looking for a free ride

smb394
08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Could I PLEASE have my avatar back? THanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, that lineup is pretty sweet. I'm probably heading out early Nov., but I might have to convince my friends to move it up a day or two now.

thatpfunk
08-07-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not a bad lineup minus dave matthews

shakedown street coming to a poker room near you

www.vegoose.com (http://www.vegoose.com)

Dave Matthews & Friends
Jack Johnson
Widespread Panic
Phil Lesh & Friends w/ special guest Ryan Adams
The Meters (Art Neville, Zigaboo Modeliste, George Porter, Jr., Leo Nocentelli)
Trey Anastasio
The Flaming Lips
The String Cheese Incident
Primus
Ween
The Shins
moe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I am going for the bolded as well as:

Atmosphere, Digable Planets, Blackalicious, Spoon, and Gotv Mule.

Slow Play Ray
08-07-2005, 08:16 PM
killer lineup - i'm considering making the trek. i guess some of the bands are also doing individual gigs at some smaller venues.

moe. rocks.

smb394
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I just missed moe. this past tour (out of town), but I downloaded some of the stuff on FLAC. They sound pretty good.

gunt
08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Oh yeah, that lineup is pretty sweet. I'm probably heading out early Nov., but I might have to convince my friends to move it up a day or two now.

[/ QUOTE ] whoa dude, i'm sorry for stealing your avatar... thought i was being original.... i'll change it.

Slow Play Ray
08-07-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just missed moe. this past tour (out of town), but I downloaded some of the stuff on FLAC. They sound pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're playing a GA show in NH in a couple weeks, i'm going to head up and see that.

hotsauce615
08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Say what you want, but DMB live shows kick serious ass

you guys just aren't smokin enough

smb394
08-07-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] whoa dude, i'm sorry for stealing your avatar... thought i was being original.... i'll change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, np. good pick though.

dmb is not great live. they're OK.

jokerthief
08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Who the hell is Dave Matthews and friends? Does this mean he's playing only with Tim Reynolds?

Awesome concert line up.

KDawgCometh
08-08-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not compared to the other bands that are playing this event. Say what you want about DMB being good live, but moe kicks ass live, string cheese kicks ass live, trey is awesome live(unless he's still having problems with oxys, his problems kinda made the last phish tour a bit of a downer), and widespread is awesome live. I haven't seen phil and friends, but I can imagine lesh putting on a good show. HOnestly, DMB is probably hte least good live act in that line up

08-08-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell is Dave Matthews and friends? Does this mean he's playing only with Tim Reynolds?

Awesome concert line up.

[/ QUOTE ]

"but DMB live shows kick serious ass"

Note that it's not the band; it's Dave playing with the bassist and drummer from his solo album (his bassist is amazing). I saw this act at Bonnaroo (same creators as Vegoose) in 2004. Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio, and a couple other guests took the stage with him. It was an awesome performance, and it's as goodm, if not better, than any show I've seen with the full band. Check out his tunes from Some Devil.

warlockjd
08-08-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Atmosphere,

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] [censored]. Awesome!

warlockjd
08-08-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure you are joking but if not, i think you are thinking of hipabees not hippies

gunt
08-08-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure you are joking but if not, i think you are thinking of hipabees not hippies

[/ QUOTE ]
what is a hipabee?

Slow Play Ray
08-08-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have pointed out, it's not DMB but Dave Matthews and Friends, who mostly play a lot of cover tunes and just a few DMB tunes. I saw them at the Fleetcenter in Dec 03, and I have to say the highlights were the KILLER acoustic set Dave and Tim did at the beginning (Tim is the sickest acoustic guitar player I've ever heard live), a cover of The Band's "Cripple Creek" (always a favorite song of mine), and the encore of Phish's "Waste" with just Dave and Trey on acoustics. Great show.

lucas9000
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
string cheese incident sucks more than nearly any other band in existence. why oh why have primus and the flaming lips fallen in with this crap?!?

Slow Play Ray
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
string cheese incident sucks more than nearly any other band in existence. why oh why have primus and the flaming lips fallen in with this crap?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

boo! hiss.

yeah well, that's just like your opinion man.

lucas9000
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boo! hiss.

yeah well, that's just like your opinion man.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously i'm not a golfer.