PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesn't multi-table?

Zukeman66
08-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I play 9-handed $1/2 NL on Full Tilt for the most part, and I sit at just one table at a time. I find my results to be much better when I sit at one or maybe two tables instead of four, allowing me to focus more. It seems like a lot of people here play 4 lower-stakes tables at a time instead of playing one table and moving up limits faster. Am I in the minority here by focusing on moving up limits quickly on just one table at a time?

Biggenx
08-07-2005, 07:36 PM
no reason to one table unless you don't use GameTime+, it does most of the focusing for you. Start multi-tabling immediately, and i'd also play some other sites if i were you, Fulltilt isn't the softest site from what i've heard.

fimbulwinter
08-07-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 9-handed $1/2 NL on Full Tilt for the most part, and I sit at just one table at a time. I find my results to be much better when I sit at one or maybe two tables instead of four, allowing me to focus more. It seems like a lot of people here play 4 lower-stakes tables at a time instead of playing one table and moving up limits faster. Am I in the minority here by focusing on moving up limits quickly on just one table at a time?

[/ QUOTE ]

in general a higher overall winrate allows you to move up faster. multitabing gives you a higher hourly rate.

fim

djoyce003
08-07-2005, 07:59 PM
i also win more when I single table in terms of bb/100, but it's not enough to make up for the additional winnings at the other tables....if you are 8bb single tabling, and 6 bb/100 multi tabling...you are 4 bb per hour better of at 2 tables than you are at 1....it's really what matters to you though. If you are more comfortable at only 1 and you aren't doing this for income, then play 1....I do it for disposable income and I only play 2 6max tables at once...although i'm considering playing some 3 or 4 10 handed tables to see how it goes.

Ghazban
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no reason to one table unless you don't use GameTime+, it does most of the focusing for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vehemently disagree.

Biggenx
08-07-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no reason to one table unless you don't use GameTime+, it does most of the focusing for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vehemently disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant that GT+ helps compensate for lack of focus, but it does let you know things about your opponent that would be damn near impossible to know just by playing with them.

i didn't mean to sound like GT+ plays the table for you.

08-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I only play one table. I tried playing two but never felt comfortable at it. I immediately starting running real bad and lost half my bankroll. A lot of it was just running bad, but I also know that I didn't have a feel for my opponents and I often made bad decisions because I wasn't as focused. My preference would be to simply move up to the next level and focus completely on one table rather than play 2 tables. That's just my preference though. But I also hate making mistakes, and playing two tables I make more of them. If I'm playing limit, I'll play 2-3 tables, but that's different.

Raydain
08-08-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no reason to one table

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could be happy playing one table. I envy the OP.

yvesaint
08-08-2005, 03:35 AM
I get really, really bored one-tabling ...

08-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Depends on my mood. I generally play one table ($50 or $100), but sometimes will 2-table at $50 (never at $100), and sometimes I will 3-table $25. Depends on how ADD I feel. I most enjoy playing just one table, but sometimes a table is just too slow to tolerate playing only one.

srm80
08-08-2005, 03:48 AM
go to party and play 2 25NL tables at a time, until you feel absolutely comfortable, then make it 3 tables, and so on...

it's a process, but it helps you earn